Sports Venues - Indian Wells Tennis Garden
This sports venue is one of the most breathtaking places you'll ever watch a tennis match. Get the 411 on the home for the 2011 Pacific Life Open!
In the late '90s, former tennis pro Charlie Pasarell and his business partner had a vision to build a world-class tennis facility. In the spring of 2000, the two opened the Indian Wells Tennis Garden near Palm Springs, California. The Tennis Garden is the second largest tennis stadium in the world and is also a full service and year-round tennis club. This amazing facility is surrounded by mountains and has year-round great weather.
Pacific Life Open
The Indian Wells Tennis Garden has hosted the Pacific Life Open ever since the stadium opened its doors in 2000. Aside from the four Grand Slams of tennis, the Pacific Life Open is the most watched and most attended ATP Tour event with over 250,000 visitors annually. Maria Sharapova, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer are all past winners of the California-based event.
Even though the Indian Wells Tennis Garden is used mainly for tennis events, it also has the versatility to host other events. The Garden has played host to some of the music business' biggest acts like The Eagles, Tom Petty, Pavarotti and Bocelli. Indian Wells Tennis Garden made history on October 2008, when it hosted the first outdoor NBA game in the modern era. The Phoenix Suns and Denver Nuggets played a preseason game at Indian Wells.
- Indian Wells Tennis Garden cost $77 million to built.
- Indian Wells Tennis Garden seats 16,100 fans for tennis.
- Indian Wells Tennis Garden has a total of 44 luxury suites.
- Indian Wells Tennis Garden takes up 80 acres of space.
- Indian Wells Tennis Garden has a total of 19 tennis courts.
- The architects for Indian Wells Tennis Garden also designed the home for the Detroit Pistons, Arthur Ashe Tennis Stadium and the future home of the Detroit Lions.