Comments

Yom Kippur

What's better than a holiday that you aren't allowed to wash on? You're also not allowed to eat that disgusting oatmeal your mom slops out for breakfast. Could Yom Kippur get any better? Back to Article

gen.e1234_1748482
gen.e1234_1748482 wrote:
2013-09-01 18:25:28 -0700

happy Rosh Hashanah

chibiwing
chibiwing wrote:
2012-12-07 13:54:09 -0800

It sounds interesting, but not my way of doing it

Ghost.of.Wilderness
Ghost.of.Wilderness wrote:
2012-12-07 13:53:48 -0800

My mother does this, but she only last one day & one night.

ariel101
ariel101 wrote:
2012-09-30 09:28:35 -0700

fasting is easy for me i did it last summer!

gen.e1234_1748482
gen.e1234_1748482 wrote:
2011-12-06 09:13:04 -0800

i fasted for the whole Yom Kippur

--hopeisnotme--
--hopeisnotme-- wrote:
2010-09-07 11:39:04 -0700

try fasting for a month

impossiblegirl3456
impossiblegirl3456 wrote:
2010-09-06 08:23:56 -0700

no it aint if u are fasin for three days then loo whos talkin trust me it is not a piece of cake

--hopeisnotme--
--hopeisnotme-- wrote:
2010-09-04 14:07:50 -0700

only one day of fasting
compared to Islam that is a peace of cake

Which Celeb Isn't Jewish?

• Sex and the City star Sarah Jessica Parker.
  • Comedian Ben Stiller.
  • Funnyman Adam Sandler.
  • Mission Impossible star Tom Cruise.

Micro_leaves_micro
Every fall, trees around the world change their colors. Is it some sort of alien phenomenon or ar...
Micro_rosh_micro
L'shanah tovah! Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year but don't expect any fireworks, instead you ...
Micro_happy-hanukkah-micro
Adam Sandler explains Hanukkah best when he says, "Instead of one day of presents, we have eight ...

Random in the forums

Dartz
Dartz posted in Say Anything:
Gingerkissx
i really like waking up early, but i haven't been able to do that since i was like 12.
reply about 1 hour
CoolColette
Maybe 15 or 16?
reply about 1 hour
CoolColette
Both! I'm active in day and a big online chatter in night! So my answer's both! :D
reply about 1 hour
Gingerkissx
i think the problem is just lack of understanding, and that we need to be taught to some extent about mental illnesses at school. depression - because its so common, but also the other mental illnesses that we don't hear about as often. a year ago, i confronted a friend about the possibility of me being depressed. i told this particular friend because we had a similar conversation the year before that. after i told her, she immediately responded with statements such as "you can't be because you seem so happy" and "try not to be". i think this stopped me from talking about it to any of my other friends since then, especially since some of them would make jokes about depression every once and a while.  i don't think any of my friends mean to be hurtful, its just they don't understand that depression is a serious illness that can't just go away. it effects you mentally, and physically. but people who treat and talk about depression in these ways only make it harder to seek help.
reply about 1 hour