Comments

Christmas Day

Christmas is the Christian holiday that celebrates the day when Christ was born. Today, December 25th has taken on a bit of a different spin, with Jolly Ol' St. Nick bringing toys to all the girls and boys of the world on this December holiday. Back to Article

CupcakeGwen
CupcakeGwen wrote:
2013-12-27 12:12:20 -0800

cool

sviolin
sviolin wrote:
2013-12-27 08:01:43 -0800

I don't believe in Santa because the stories about him and what he does are unrealistic. I don't put stockings up but I put bags up as stockings, I don't put shoes by the fire, and I don't leaves treats for him but I used to. My family opens presents on Christmas morning and up until I was 11 we went to the post with my grandma and grandpa to see Santa and Mrs. Claus. I go by my family's house on Christmas Eve and Day.

QueenKidPinkHead
QueenKidPinkHead wrote:
2013-12-25 20:14:14 -0800

Why do people like Christmas because of the presents? I got no presents this Christmas and, I'm so happy about that. I like Christmas because my family gets together and all that.

huskylove
huskylove wrote:
2013-12-25 13:29:24 -0800

I lo ve christmas because you get gifts un christmas i got a tablet yeah smile

squirky
squirky wrote:
2013-12-24 21:42:39 -0800

i dn't know whether there is a real santa or not don't believe in it maybe coz i'm not a christian ....or coz of the movies that show parents putting gifts at night in these stockings

QueenTitania

JennyD wrote:
2013-12-24 11:01:50 -0800

Christmas eve everyone!

buggs b2
buggs b2 wrote:
2013-12-24 07:54:14 -0800

I dont believe in god or jesus

cool007andcute
cool007andcute wrote:
2013-12-24 07:51:49 -0800

I enjoy it.

waterqueen
waterqueen wrote:
2013-12-24 07:39:32 -0800

yes !!!! santa is 100% real!!! I get gift every years!! so i beleive in santa yet i am am a HINDU INDIAN!!!!

Blonde2001

Brendiii_12 wrote:
2013-12-12 17:33:04 -0800

Santa=110% real just saying >•_•

schooliscoolfortheag
schooliscoolfortheag wrote:
2013-12-06 07:01:49 -0800

i love it i dont care i love it

Santa-poll

Fave X-mas Character? Vote!

• Frosty The Snowman.
  • Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
  • Santa, of course.
  • Baaa, Humbug - I don't like Christmas!

Micro_c_micro
What would the holidays be like without the presence of the ugly Christmas sweater? Usually worn ...
Micro_dinner-micro
Walt Disney Pictures retells the beloved tale – Disney’s A Christmas Carol, the high-flying, hear...
Micro_green xmas_micro
Each person in the U.S. makes 4 pounds of garbage per day! That number grows at Christmas when we...
Micro_pile-of-books-micro
Stories to cuddle up in front of the fireplace with.
Micro_santa micro
Santa Claus is headed your way soon, so find out more about this jolly man who represents all thi...
Micro_december-micro
There are a ton of holidays to celebrate in the month of December - that's why it's known as the ...

Random in the forums

Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"Taidoku" wrote:it's wrong because society made it wrong how authoritarian
Boysrock50
Boysrock50 posted in General:
the junior mods and other debaters/regular forum posters
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"kingofdisaster_" wrote:I think they do. I feel like if I say they don't, they'll attack me. Well. They haven't attacked me yet.
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: Ghosts require more explanation than they provide answers Elaborate? Are you saying that they require more effort than they can give back, or that they hold more mystery than knowledge? There's some phenomena that goes unexplained. But that's the important part, we don't have an explanation. By using ghosts as a solution, we are making unexplained assumptions, you're just displacing your lack of explanation onto the ghost, rather than the event itself. And that's the other part, I haven't heard any physics based woo-free explanation for a disembodied intelligence that lacks a physical body but manages to interact with the physical world. So, for me it's basic Occam's razor. The more complicated answer could be true, but until we have evidence to support the assumptions made it's best to go with the simpler hypotheses that operate within the framework we already have.      First off, I do not believe in ghosts. But, why does this entity have to be intelligent? Why can't be some type of unknown energetic remnant of a past life that's being harbored in a given location? Also, how is nothing simpler than a hypothesis? Admitting to not having an explanation is not a bad thing, especially when you don't have one. There's nothing wrong with saying you haven't been convinced of any particular hypothesis so far, and therefore it remains unexplained to you. You aren't saying it was nothing, you're saying you don't know what it was.  How would we measure this remnant energy of a past life? How many joules should we expect to see? The reason we presume cognizance is because people asserting hypotheses about ghosts often assume that these spirits interact with the world and possess some understanding of cause and effect.
ChickenGoPowPow