2008 NFL Season Preview
Can the New York Giants repeat? Can it be an all-Manning Super Bowl? Will Brett Favre lead the Jets to the postseason? Kidzworld's got all the answers inside!
Last year, the New York Giants surprised everybody by defeating the seemingly invincible New England Patriots in the Super Bowl. The big question now is can they repeat? The Giants lost a couple of key defensive players including Michael Strahan so it will be hard for the Giants to return to the big game. Look for the one-two combo of Tony Romo and Terrell Owens to get over last year's playoff drama and make a run at the NFC title. One of the teams to keep an eye on is the Green Bay Packers. In their first season in nearly two decades without quarterback Brett Favre, it will be interesting to see how they will move forward without him. Behind quarterback Aaron Rodgers and running back Kregg Lumpkin, the Packers may have enough talent to sneak into the playoffs again. New Orleans has a stellar offense, ignited by running back Reggie Bush. This could be the season Reggie breaks out and puts up MVP type stats. Two teams that could surprise people are the Tampa Bay Bucs and the Philadelphia Eagles. Don't ever sleep on Eagles QB Donovan McNabb and Tampa Bay might have one of the best defenses in the NFC.
Here are the Kidzworld's 2008 NFC picks:
- Division Winners: Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions, New Orleans Saints, Seattle Seahawks.
- Wildcard: Green Bay Packers, New York Giants.
- NFC Champs: Dallas Cowboys.
Even though they lost in the Super Bowl, the New England Patriots were absolutely dominating throughout the regular season as they went a perfect 16-0. In our opinions, New England is still the team to beat in the AFC. Unless guys like Randy Moss or Tom Brady get injured, expect the Patriots to cruise their way back to Super Bowl Sunday. Even though Indianapolis always has a solid squad anchored by Peyton Manning, we believe the San Diego Chargers are the next best team in the conference. Although LaDainian Tomlinson is capable of dominating a game by himself, he has help on both offense and defense where the team can win even when LT isn't on his best. Pittsburgh also comes into 2008 with a strong team. Rumor has it that Ben Roethlisberger is looking better than he has ever been in his career. Expect Jacksonville to chanllenge the Colts for the AFC South title and watch out for the Buffalo Bills! Marshawn Lynch is a star in the making and don't be surprised if the Bills steal one of the wild card slots!
Here are Kidzworld's 2008 AFC picks:
- Division Winners: Indianapolis Colts, New England Patriots, San Diego Chargers, Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Wildcard: Jacksonville Jaguars, Buffalo Bills.
- AFC Champs: New England Patriots.
Super Bowl Prediction
Kidzworld is predicting the New England Patriots will redeem themselves by blowing out the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl XLIII 45-21.
Players To Watch
- Ben Roethlisberger - After a few quiet seasons since he led the Steelers to the 2006 Super Bowl, Ben Roethlisberger is ready to return to being an elite quarterback. He is having an incredible training camp and preseason so look for him to make some noise this fall!
- Bernard Berrian - It has been awhile since the Minnesota Vikings have been relevent in the NFL. Now with a couple of offseason signings like wide receiver Bernard Berrian, the Vikings have a chance to sneak into the playoffs. Bernard has a knack of making big plays and that is something the fans at the Metrodome will certainly appreciate.
- Brett Favre - It is no secret, Brett refused to retire. Now we will see if the 38-year-old legendary quarterback has anything left in his tank. Last year he put together a good season and led the Packers to the Playoffs. The big question is whether Favre can beat out Chad Pennington for the starting spot for the New York Jets. Favre is one of the best QBs of all time so we wouldn't count him out yet!
Make Your Picks
Who do you think is gonna win Super Bowl XLIII? Who's your favorite NFL team? to Kidzworld and we'll post them right here!