Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Game: The Duelist Genesis Set Review
With a new TV show and new rules, the Yu-Gi-Oh! card game is exploding with the new Duelist Genesis set. Here's the deal with Gary's review.
The Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Game is getting a dose of the action from the new Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D TV show with a heap of new yugioh cards! With Synchro and Tuner monsters to new rules and more, find out about how the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG is changing, right here.
Changing the Game
There are some big changes to the Yu-Gi-Oh! game and here they are.
- Fusion Deck = Extra Deck - Not just for Fusion cards, you can put Synchro cards in here too now.
- Synchro - Summoned with the help of Tuning monsters, these powerful new monsters come on white cards and are really strong!
- Tuning - A new type of monster, you need to tribute one of these each time you summon a Synchro monster.
These changes make a big difference, especially cuz the Synchro monsters are SO DARN STRONG! It really makes the card game more like the anime where summoning the right monster can win you the game.
Change is Good!
The Synchro monsters rock, especially since you only need one or two of the rare beasts, plus a few easy-to-get Tuner monsters so you can summon them. You can also get some of the best ones, like Colossal Fighter, Red Dragon Archfiend and Stardust Dragon from collectible tins and the Structure Deck. So you don't have to buy dozens of boosters to get one!
Change is Bad!
The new Synchro monsters rock so much that you'll lose a lot of duels until you get some for yourself! There's also no speed magic from the show, which is a bummer if you dig the cartoon's crazy bikes. Oh, and there are still lots of lame cards in the set - like the four golem cards.
Change is Here
The changes to the Yu-Gi-Oh! card game add a cool new twist that lets you play with the monsters from the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D cartoon. But, unless you like losing, you'll have to grab some of the new Synchro monsters. The collectible tins make it easy though. Plus, they're so awesome it's a blast to clobber your opponent with them!
- Play with the new monsters and cards from the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D TV show!
- Synchro monsters = REALLY strong.
- Most of the good Synchro monsters are in collectible tins.
- You only need a few Synchro/Tuner cards to kick butt.
- Without Synchro and Tuner monsters, you're gonna get creamed.
- No speed magic!
- The golems are lame, lame, lame.