10 Strange Facts
Here are some strange facts from weird laws to interesting body facts. Kidzworld has it all.
There are a lot of interesting tidbits floating around out there. Useless facts like, a duck's quack doesn't echo, get put into emails and sent to people all the time. Take a look at these facts that might not be so useless. Tell us which ones you think are made up... or maybe they're all true?
1. This is a law in the State of Kansas: When two trains approach each other at a crossing, they should both stop, and neither of them can go until the other one has gone.
2. Speaking of laws, can you believe a law was made on July 16, 1969 saying that it's illegal for US citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?
3. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib.
4.More than 50 percent of the people in the world have never made or received a phone call.
5. How fishy is this? Most lipsticks are made with fish scales.
6. There's a caterpillar that fires balls of poop from its butt like a firing squad. These fast missiles fly at six feet a second! How you ask? The caterpillar builds up blood pressure around the bum-hole and then squeezes out the poop bombs.
7. On the subject of poop, the official FDA guidelines say that whole pepper can be sold with up to one percent of the volume including rodent dung.
8. If that last fact didn't gross you out, this might. In the middle ages, everyone (and I mean everyone) had fleas. It was even considered good luck to capture and crack the first flea on a baby. (Cracking means putting a flea between your fingernails and squishing until it pops.)
10. If you're not grossed out yet, this might do the trick. When cows are milked, there's sometimes a great deal of blood that comes out with the milk. This tainted milk can't be sold so companies that make chocolate milk use it since cocoa hides the blood.
10. A man in Arizona couldn't get over the death of his wife so he put her in an enclosed glass coffee table. She's in his living room now.
Kidz Submit By:
Some of them are real but the one about the milk is definitely NOT!
What do you think? Are some of these facts pulling your leg? Are all of them made up or maybe all of them are true. Take our poll or your thoughts.