Comments

Dangers of Cheerleading: Is it a Sport?

Go! Go! Go, Fight, Win! Cheers like this are being heard across North America as football season hits high gear. But is cheerleading really a sport or just a pasttime for brainless bimbos? Back to Article

Mz.Boss629
Mz.Boss629 wrote:
2012-12-17 17:21:58 -0800

does it matter if its a sport or not ppl stil paticipate in it so leavee it alone before we fight........

the real tab time
the real tab time wrote:
2012-12-17 17:11:47 -0800

still not a sport
soccer you were studs metal and plastic but they still hurt and they break legs for good

Mz.Boss629
Mz.Boss629 wrote:
2012-12-17 16:58:40 -0800

it bee like datt sumtimes

the real tab time
the real tab time wrote:
2012-12-17 16:57:47 -0800

cheerleading is not a sport

Jaden24♥
Jaden24♥ wrote:
2012-12-17 16:51:33 -0800

Um, have you watched Cheer Perfection? They're like, four years old. And breaking bones..

Never-Shout-Alexa!
Never-Shout-Alexa! wrote:
2012-12-03 10:28:17 -0800

My friend almost died at cheerleading practice but she got better in a few months and kept doing it soo it's fun but it can hurt soo be careful!!

I am who I am    -Josh
I am who I am -Josh wrote:
2012-12-02 13:17:08 -0800

My sister (me.....still me...) is a cheerleader and she has broken her leg 3 times, her arm 4 times, her wrist 2 times, her ankle 2 times, her thumb once, and her pinkie 3.

soccerstar9917
soccerstar9917 wrote:
2012-12-01 15:00:29 -0800

yes its a sport, im a cheerleader its so much fun!!!!!!!

soccerstar9917
soccerstar9917 wrote:
2012-12-01 15:00:14 -0800

yes its a sport, im a cheerleader its so much fun!!!!!!!

CheerLuvCheer
CheerLuvCheer wrote:
2012-12-01 14:02:16 -0800

I'm in a competitve cheer squad where we dont go, "Go, Fight Win!" We're serious. Hardcore tumbling:backhandspring, back-tuck, backhandspring step-out, you name it we claim it. Jumps: our girls can lift our legs up to the sides of our hips. Stunts: we have a girl that is in an elevator with her leg in a heel-stretch, then we extend, then she does her scorpion, then we have to litterly throw her and catch her. So please, stop saying cheerleading isnt a sport.It involves arm,leg, shoulderstrength

Sportygurl
Sportygurl wrote:
2012-12-01 13:41:56 -0800

Cheer leading is a sport

*Ana loves you*
*Ana loves you* wrote:
2012-12-01 13:33:23 -0800

Yes Cheerleading is a sport i love cheerleading

brittnay12
brittnay12 wrote:
2012-12-01 13:17:05 -0800

it is dangerous cuz i twisted my ancle before and it is a sport i thing football is not a sport just a bunch of boys in tights going after a ball

the real tab time
the real tab time wrote:
2012-12-01 12:53:23 -0800

Cheerleading is not a sport
soccer is a sport

Swaggieec:
Swaggieec: wrote:
2012-12-01 12:47:43 -0800

Cheerleading is a sport smile Your being active, right? Wink

Amelia2002
Amelia2002 wrote:
2012-08-22 14:36:43 -0700

Cheerleading is a sport because you have to love it to do it if you don't love it,it is like torture. I cheer and one season I fell from a pyrimid twice. Even if you practice practice practice there still is a big chance of getting hurt.

Katara 9296
Katara 9296 wrote:
2012-08-05 12:49:44 -0700

Cheerleading is fun. But when ppl say that itsfor self-centered popular girls they r so wrong! I am the most unpopular girl in the whole school and i'm the captain of the team. Hows about that! Wink

caliwali11
caliwali11 wrote:
2012-06-21 21:30:13 -0700

CHEERLEADING IS A SPORT IF WHOEVER SAYS IT ISNT WHY DONT YOU GO AND TRY TO DO WHAT CHEERLEADERS DO NOT ONLY DO THEY HAVE TO DO STUNTS AND RISK THERE LIVES TO GET PEOPLE PUMED UP BUT THEY ALSO HAVE TO DO IN SKIRTS NOW AT MY SCHOOL NO BOY EVER DOUTS CHEERLEADERS BECAUSE ON ONE DAY BOYS HAVE TO BE THE CHEERLEADERS BUT THEY ALSO HAVE TO DO A PYRIMIDE SO IF YOU EVER SAY CHEERLEADING IS NOT A SPORT THAN YOU PEOPLE GO PUT ON SKIRTS WATCH REAL COMPITION COPY THEM WITHOUT CRYING OR HURTING YALL SELVES!!!

K E L S I
K E L S I wrote:
2012-06-21 20:10:53 -0700

Cheerleading is just as much of a sport as is basketball or football you have to work and practice just as you do in football and basket ball and you have to be strong.

hannahleigh
hannahleigh wrote:
2012-05-26 13:46:36 -0700

Cheerleading is just as much of as sport as basketball, or football!! All of my friends play basketball and say its "not a sport" and i tell them off every time! It is also not just for popular snobs!! (although i am pretty popular) smile

Best Thing About Being A Cheerleader? Vote!

• The cute uniform.
  • Great way to stay in shape.
  • Being part of a team.
  • Helping the home team win.