Comments

Dangers of Cheerleading: Is it a Sport?

Go! Go! Go, Fight, Win! Cheers like this are being heard across North America as football season hits high gear. But is cheerleading really a sport or just a pasttime for brainless bimbos? Back to Article

hannahleigh
hannahleigh wrote:
2012-05-26 13:46:36 -0700

Cheerleading is just as much of as sport as basketball, or football!! All of my friends play basketball and say its "not a sport" and i tell them off every time! It is also not just for popular snobs!! (although i am pretty popular) smile

somindless=prodigy143
somindless=prodigy143 wrote:
2012-05-23 20:15:27 -0700

The boys we do more azz shakin nd dey want us to do a lot more

somindless=prodigy143
somindless=prodigy143 wrote:
2012-05-23 19:57:07 -0700

I luv cheerleader nd its fun to be the captin

ms.outrages
ms.outrages wrote:
2012-05-23 19:42:44 -0700

iam a cheerleader and i dont see it that way i think its a sport only if your competeing

ocalais147
ocalais147 wrote:
2012-05-23 19:32:26 -0700

I luv cheerleading Love

haterskeepmemotivated
haterskeepmemotivated wrote:
2012-05-23 19:30:27 -0700

If shakin ur azz around in everyones faces was a sport , than I would much rather do that everyday.

pixie britney
pixie britney wrote:
2012-05-23 19:21:30 -0700

Im a cheerleader,
cheering is a sport bc it is alot of work.
And it is kinda dangerouse, but once yhu get the hang of it like me it is funsmile

lalahaha
lalahaha wrote:
2012-04-24 19:36:18 -0700

it is a sport

lalahaha
lalahaha wrote:
2012-04-24 19:34:19 -0700

omg that is so stupid with the rules and stuff I mean I am a cheerleader and we were not aloud to do a prep without special permission.

Young_Forever!XD
Young_Forever!XD wrote:
2012-04-24 18:35:45 -0700

Idk Why peple think it's so Dangerouse! Its Not i have been a cheerleader for like a year! i haven't broken anything

nikki842
nikki842 wrote:
2012-03-31 16:39:39 -0700

Not Dangerouss At All I Lovee Cheerleadingg

queen kara
queen kara wrote:
2012-03-22 19:40:01 -0700

Football and basketball cheerleading aren't sports but competitive cheerleading is a sport I' know I'm one

Future Cheerleader
Future Cheerleader wrote:
2012-03-14 19:42:21 -0700

I think cheerleading is a sport and I love it! smile

Young_Forever!XD
Young_Forever!XD wrote:
2012-03-11 21:01:36 -0700

Cheerleading is my Life and i look good when cheer! Big Grin I am a cheerleader for Middle school right Now and i kinda dance

shag mama
shag mama wrote:
2012-03-11 18:06:53 -0700

im a good chearleeder im always on top of permiod

ReRe_Kuttie
ReRe_Kuttie wrote:
2012-03-11 18:05:58 -0700

I Love Cheeriin But Ima Ah Dancer And Ah Cheerleader !

143DracoMalfoy
143DracoMalfoy wrote:
2012-03-11 17:58:17 -0700

i think tht only competitive cheer is a spsort... but not skool cheer..
i wld kno cuz ive gone both....
and it is EXTREMELY dangerous.. girls have DIED!

n#1
n#1 wrote:
2012-03-11 17:46:44 -0700

I don't trust ppl that much for dem to be picking me that much up so high

kewlchick7
kewlchick7 wrote:
2012-03-11 17:46:08 -0700

Cheerleading is only a sport if you do competitions.my opinion

divaswagg08
divaswagg08 wrote:
2012-03-11 17:45:46 -0700

I think it is a sport becuz I used to be one

Best Thing About Being A Cheerleader? Vote!

• The cute uniform.
  • Great way to stay in shape.
  • Being part of a team.
  • Helping the home team win.

Micro_c micro
My friends last year and all throughout this year have wanted me to try out for cheerleading. Th...
Look good and feel comfortable during your cheer routines. Kidzworld checks out the best <...
Is cheerleading too sexy? Why are some people trying to ban some school cheerleading routines?

Sports in the forums

Kirsteeeeen
Do you have an old tire you could start off practicing with? It helps you align your hands. I find it kind of hard to explain, but there are lots of great resources out there online if you search for them. :) To do a cartwheel stand in a lunge with your favourite leg (by that I don't mean you look at it and say "that's a nice leg" but that you favor that leg when doing things, you feel comfortable with it going first), knees bent slightly, and your arms straight up by your ears. Make sure your elbows are locked. You don't want to drop. Assuming you start with your right, reach forward with your right arm while kicking your left leg up at the same time. Your left hand should follow very quickly and as it touches the ground your right leg should also be off of the ground. You should pass through the handstand briefly and your left leg should reach the ground first with your right following it and you will finish in a lunge just as you started. Hand, hand, foot, foot. 1,2,3,4. There's a rhythm to it. Keep practicing and try to perfect not kicking around as you go.
awesomechix12
Well I'm in 6th grade this year and next year in seventh grade I'm going to try out for cheerleading... The problem is I cant do a cartwheel or any of that! So I have to cram all of this stuff into just one year, all help is appreciated.
reply 1 day
MissAttitude_14
Seattle Seahawks
reply 2 days
MissAttitude_14
Seahawks
reply 2 days
u_nique116
The broncos and the giants you just got to love the manning brothers.
reply 2 days