Kw-logo-holiday

Comments

Martin Luther King Jr. Day

The third Monday in January is dedicated to Martin Luther King, Jr. Do you know why this man is so special that he gets his own holiday? Back to Article

BarbieHailey100
BarbieHailey100 wrote:
2014-02-15 18:32:30 -0800

I love this man not only because I'm black 2 because he changed a big law and I thank him

imagination44
imagination44 wrote:
2014-02-15 18:30:10 -0800

if i could thank this man, i would. without him, i might not be alive. white+not=me Big Grin

Bailey778
Bailey778 wrote:
2014-01-24 10:26:25 -0800

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

ashesflame
ashesflame wrote:
2014-01-21 19:44:15 -0800

I remember walking into a restroom in a resterant and a little african american girl was in there washing her hands.I said hi and she replied with 'My uncle doesn't like me talking to white people'. Its so sad how there are still people like that out there.I pity that girl ; no child deserves a family like that. Frown

Shanaa11
Shanaa11 wrote:
2014-01-20 16:38:48 -0800

if u guys are races #### u i am black and jamica if u guys dont like me i am free so leave BLACKS ALONE

kemani000
kemani000 wrote:
2014-01-20 13:41:04 -0800

If he was born Jan 15 why is his body today

disney princess
disney princess wrote:
2014-01-20 12:32:05 -0800

he will always be remembered. *SALUTE*

queenofsmiles
queenofsmiles wrote:
2014-01-20 11:50:18 -0800

Thank God for Martin. Dang back then colored people were always look down upon Frustrated

theABsuperstar
theABsuperstar wrote:
2014-01-20 11:32:33 -0800

This is a day we will NEVER forget. We will always remember Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr forever. smile

nba15
nba15 wrote:
2014-01-20 10:45:15 -0800

I agree allen

riley8915
riley8915 wrote:
2014-01-20 10:32:25 -0800

brunea: probably because they didn't like how whites were treating blacks...It was pretty horrible

riley8915
riley8915 wrote:
2014-01-20 10:31:07 -0800

He was pretty brave to do all that... If I was alive when this happened I would have known 100% that he would be assassinated by some person who didn't like what he was doing. I'm actually pretty suprised he got THAT far. But anyways, Thank You!

allen
admin
allen wrote:
2014-01-20 10:25:32 -0800

Unfortunately there are always going to be silly people who dislike things for no reason. In the case of MLK, to dislike the article is pretty insensitive. Those are the people we all need to ignore in life!

brunea
brunea wrote:
2014-01-19 20:40:47 -0800

i dnt know who disliked this but without him we wouldn't be where were at right now

XxCryXx
XxCryXx wrote:
2014-01-19 20:39:45 -0800

I dont have to go to school tomorrow because of his.day on monday, so thank you!!!

warriorandman
warriorandman wrote:
2014-01-19 18:41:08 -0800

Guys I don't get why a lot of people disliked this

MikuFanXD
MikuFanXD wrote:
2014-01-19 15:46:15 -0800

To SWSChick: I agree with you. smile

SWSChick
SWSChick wrote:
2014-01-19 15:36:32 -0800

im not black, but he stopped lots of racism. he did so much great things for this world.. and its sad he died at such a young age of 39. so much ignorate people are still here, but atleast its not like the old days. i am who i am because of him

MikuFanXD
MikuFanXD wrote:
2014-01-19 15:27:19 -0800

Even though im not black.
He gave freedom to all blacks!
And im really happy about that!
Thank you Martin Luther King Jr. Grin

UnknownGuy_99
UnknownGuy_99 wrote:
2014-01-19 10:24:21 -0800

Okay If You Dislike Martin Luther King Jr. Day Then You Have Some Major Issues. He Helped Change The World And If You Dont Appreciate That Then You Need To Get our Life Together

Who's Your Hero? Vote!

• My parents are my heroes.
  • A celebrity is my hero.
  • I look up to one of my teachers.
  • None of the above. Someone else is my hero.

Micro_martin-luther-king-crossword-micro
Martin Luther King Jr. was a human rights activist, lawyer and pastor, and on top of all that he ...
Micro_black_micro
February is Black History Month. One cool thing to do is go on a field trip to commemorate the co...
Micro_civil rights_micro
Long before Martin Luther King Jr. walked onto the civil rights stage, many important events took...
Micro_january-micro
It's January, which that means there are ton of cool holidays to celebrate too. Martin Luther Ki...
January 26 is Australia Day! Here's some interesting facts about the smallest continent in the wo...

Random in the forums

shadowcyn
shadowcyn posted in Say Anything:
i hope most of my friends dont see this, but i doo!!
reply less than a minute
Scourgeheart
Ok, this is actually very accurate. Though, I will point out that I have been on here for almost 4 years, and I feel like the level between boys and girls is fairly equal. I will say, that recently, I believe there have been more girl newbies, but the matter of who you see around most, it cuts pretty close to a tie
turtleygleeky02
So, this may be akward... but does anyone else physicly pleasure themselves?? Please reply.
Boysrock50
"Demix" wrote: 6. The GuyLet's face it, a vast majority of KW consists of girls. Don't ask why, but it does, You are probably a girl reading this right now, and at some point we all meet a lesser spotted guy in the forums. You don't really know they're a guy unless they have a lamborghini for their profile picture. Then you get one in your roleplay, and since you're a little embarrassed to have smooching and girly talks with a REAL LIFE guy in the room, everyone rushes to make their character a tomboy. But soon you will realise that this guy is cool, and he may even become your best friend and you'll be on all the same RPs. Then it's a race to get your character to have a love story with his character. If you meet a guy before you get into RP, sometimes you'll become the dynamic duo that goes around flipping everyone off in the comment section like "WE DON'T GIVE A HOOT!". Basically, this guy is the firetrucking best. Guess who has always had a Lamborghini as a pic :D
reply about 1 hour
Luna2
Luna2 posted in General:
So school for 2014 has ended and a lot of you have probably had your graduation. I had mine and hugged all my friends at the end and cried afterwards. I was wondering, who else has cried at or after their graduation? It's actually sad because you realise you're probably never going back there again and if you were in Primary School and most of or even all of your friends are going to different high schools, you're probably never going to see them at school again.
reply about 1 hour