Artemis Fowl Book Review
For our review of Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer we thought we’d do something a little different ...
Book: Artemis Fowl
Author: Eoin Colfer
For our review of Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer we thought we’d do something a little different and give you the …
Top 10 Reasons Artemis Fowl Is A Good Read
- It’s a very well-written book by a talented author that may actually help you brush up on your grammar skills.
- While it covers a pretty serious topic (TK), the book incorporates lots of humor into the story.
- It promotes peace between different countries and cultures, especially between the English and the Irish, who have a long history of not getting along. The book paints Ireland and its people in a very positive light.
- It’s the beginning of a whole series of adventures you can participate in as a reader. It may even inspire you to write an adventure story of your own!
- You’ll have to use your own mastermind to keep up with the story’s hero, 12-year-old millionaire, genius and, most important of all, criminal mastermind Artemis Fowl.
- Artemis is a great role model, especially when it comes to how using your brainpower can get you out of some of life’s sticky situations.
- The book is really fun to read. We think it will appeal to a variety of readers.
- The author uses words that can help you build up your vocabulary. If you run across a word you don’t know in the book, just a grab a dictionary, jot down the meaning and grow your vocabulary.
- Every page includes a line at the bottom written in a secret code. It’s your job to crack the code to reveal a secret message from the author!
- You’ll be a criminal mastermind in your very own right after you read this book!
Just so you know a bit more about the story you’ll find in Artemis Fowl, here’s a quick recap: The genre (or theme) of this novel is action and fantasy. The fantasy isn’t old-school, though – it’s a modern-day adventure involving tons of high-tech gadgets.
Artemis Fowl (his mum calls him Arty) is 12 and a boy genius. He and his sidekick, Butler, plan to steal some fairy gold. They put their plan in motion by kidnapping a fairy called Captain Holly Short and holding her ransom for the gold.
But Holly is a fairy in an elite force called the LEPrecons who work hard to keep the worlds of mortals and magic separate. Holly is so dedicated to her job she forgot to perform the special yearly ritual to recharge her fairy power – this puts her in incredible danger and creates BIG problems for her captor – Artemis.
Other Books In The Artemis Fowl Series
Artemis Fowl Rating: