Natasha Bedingfield Biography
Birthdate: November 21, 1981
Natasha Bedingfield is an international pop superstar with a string of hit singles. Check out Kidzworld’s biography of this talented singer/songwriter.
Sizzling Soundtrack Songs
Natasha Bedingfield got her start as a member of the Christian dance group The DNA Algorithm, but she quickly made a name for herself in the pop world with her debut album, Unwritten. You’ve probably heard the title track as the theme song to The Hills! Her music has been used in commercials, movies and television—Pocketful of Sunshine was even recorded in simlish for the video game The Sims 2: Free Time!
Her debut album Unwritten sold over 2.5 million copies and Natasha received a Grammy nomination for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance in 2007. That May, Natasha got the chance to travel the world when she supported Justin Timberlake on his FutureSex/LoveShow tour.
Natasha doesn’t like to do a lot of photo shoots, but when she does she likes to dress and act like she would in her private life. She claims she doesn’t want to appear like a pre-packaged pop star. She also refrains from posing for men’s magazines, because she thinks her looks should be secondary to her music.
- Unwritten was featured in the movies, Ice Princess, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and The Da Vinci Code.
- Natasha has a new album due out in 2010 that will feature Wyclef Jean, Sia and Sam Sparro.
- The song These Words was inspired by Natasha’s writers block! Natasha was so frustrated she jokingly kept repeating I love you over and over and that became the hook!
- Her brother, Daniel Bedingfield has had hit singles of his own including Gotta Get Thru This and If You’re Not The One.
- Natasha voices a character in the James Bond video game, From Russia With Love. She plays Elizabeth Stark, the Prime Minister’s daughter who gets kidnapped.