New Jersey Nets - NBA's Most Improved Team
What's up with those New Jersey Nets? A team of pathetic, bricklaying chumps that was once the laughing stock of the NBA is now the favorite to win the league's Eastern Conference. Here's a list of the top reasons why the Nets no longer suck.
1. J-Kidd - Trading Stephon Marbury to the Phoenix Suns for point guard Jason Kidd was the best move the New Jersey Nets ever made. Stephon was a whiny baby who took ballet classes during the off-season while Jason is a great all-around player who has made his teammates better. He cares more about winning than he does about dancing. He should be the NBA MVP for the 2001-2002 season.
2. K-Mart - The store where your parents buy you crappy clothes may be going bankrupt, but power forward Kenyon Martin (known as K-Mart) has been all money for the New Jersey Nets. He's one of the dirtiest players in the NBA but Kenyon's hard fouls and tough defence make him a force. The only thing scarier than going one-on-one against Kenyon is hearing your mom yell, "Get ready. We're going to K-Mart to buy you some new school clothes."
3. Kerry Kittles - Kerry has combined with J-Kidd to give the New Jersey Nets one of the NBA's best backcourts. He's played great defence, nailed three-pointers and also has the secret Cajun gas bomb. Kerry regularly eats a big meal of Cajun food before a game. What's a better way to lose a defender than farting out some nasty Jambalaya gas?
4. Todd MacCulloch - Todd may be a seven-foot, goofy-looking white guy, but he's been worth the cash the New Jersey Nets paid to lure him from the 76ers. He gobbles up boards and gives the team another scoring option. Could the secret be Todd's diet? He says his favorite food is a slurpee.
5. K-Van - Keith Van Horn looks like a chump when he pulls his socks up to his knees but no one cares when he's pulling down rebounds and putting up points. His game isn't pretty but it works.
6. The Knicks Blow - It's easy to look good when your cross-town rival seriously bites. The New York Knicks are in the basement of the Atlantic Division which reminds fans how much better the New Jersey Nets are in 2001-2002.
What's your fave team? What team do you think bites the most? your faves and failures to Kidzworld.