Seth Rogen Biography
Birthdate: April 15, 1982
Birthplace: Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Seth Rogen’s infectious laugh and killer writing chops have been filling theatres with hit movies like Superbad, Pineapple Express, Kung-Fu Panda and Monsters vs. Aliens. Check out Kidzworld’s bio of this hilarious actor and writer.
Buds With Judd
Seth got his big break with Freaks and Geeks, a show that only lasted a couple seasons but established a cult fan base once it hit DVD. Judd Apatow, the show’s producer, liked Seth so much that he cast him in his other series, Undeclared. Both shows were about down-and-out misfits and mirror Apatow’s later movies like Pineapple Express and Superbad—both of which Seth had a part in.
In addition to his screenwriting and acting, Seth has lent his unmistakeable voice to a few animated films. He voiced some smaller roles in Horton Hears a Who and Shrek the Third but he’s also played major roles in Monsters Vs. Aliens and Kung Fu Panda. In fact, Seth will reprise his Mantis role in Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom that’s due out in 2011.
- “I remember when I got my first Adam Sandler CD and it was the funniest thing I`d ever heard in my entire life, and continues to be.”
- "When I go to parties now, I feel like I'm in high school. Since the Knocked Up posters came out, people come up and talk to me. I'm not, like, the loser in the corner. But that's the only practical difference it's made in my life so far."
- “I was in high school when Will Ferrell was first on Saturday Night Live, and I remember thinking man, that guy is the funniest guy ever.”
Did You Know?
- Seth will play The Green Hornet in the upcoming action-adventure movie based on the popular 1960’s TV series.
- Seth wrote the script for Superbad when he was only 14-years-old!
- Rumors speculate that Seth will star in Ghostbusters 3 as one of the new recruits.
- Seth had a small role in Paper Heart—the movie written and directed by his Pineapple Express co-star, Charlyne Yi.