Natalie Portman Biography
Birthdate: June 9, 1981
Birthplace: Jerusalem, Israel
Real Name: Natalie Hershlag
Natalie Portman - Start
Natalie Portman, has been tagged as one of the most talented young actresses of her generation. When she was 11 years old, Natalie Portman was discovered by a Revlon Cosmetics rep in a New York pizza parlor. She started auditioning for acting roles soon aferward. Natalie first caught the attention of critics by playing a hitman's apprentice in the Luc Besson flick, Leon (The Professional) when she was 12 years old.
Natalie Portman - Big Break
Natalie Portman won rave reviews playing the flirty, pre-teen neighbor who catches the eye of Timothy Hutton's character in Beautiful Girls. Since then, Natalie has lit up the big screen in flicks like Mars Attacks, Anywhere But Here and most recently she starred alongside Zach Braff in the flick Garden State.
Natalie Portman - May the Force Be With You
In 1999, Natalie Portman landed her most high profile role yet as Queen Amidala in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. After graduating high school, Natalie headed off to Harvard and put acting on hold while she earned a degree, but still made time to film Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. On May 19, 2005, you'll be able to catch Natalie in the third and final Star Wars flick, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith!
Natalie Portman - Did U Know?
- Natalie Portman's real last name is Hershlag. Portman is her grandma's maiden name and she uses it for acting.
- Natalie Portman received her Harvard degree in June of 2003.
- Natalie Portman was born on her mother's 29th birthday.
- She turned down the title role in Lolita cuz it had a nude scene.
- Natalie Portman is a vegan and has been since she was 8 years old.
- Natalie has been nominated for both an Academy Award and a Golden Globe.
Natalie Portman Says..
"I get really bored in action movies but [watching The Phantom Menace] I was at the edge of my seat with my mouth open."
"I've wanted to be an astronaut, a doctor, a vet - these are things I've said in interviews. Before that, I wanted to be a mermaid and a fairy."