Prince Harry Biography
Birthdate: September 15, 1984
Birthplace: London, England
Prince Harry is an adventurous and controversial member of the Royal Family. Kidzworld takes a look at the young man who’s third in line to the British throne.
Like Mother Like Son
Like his brother Prince William, Harry got most of his education outside the castle walls, thanks in large part to his open-minded late mother Princess Diana. The world mourned with Harry and his family when Diane died tragically in a car accident in 1997. Harry has since followed in his late mother’s philanthropic footsteps and set up a charity for African orphans in Lesotho with his fellow royal, Prince Seelso.
British Bad Boy
Although Prince Harry has done a lot of great charity work, including working with orphaned children in Lesotho, he’s also made a name for himself in the press as a bit of a party animal. He also courted controversy when he dressed in Nazi fatigues on Halloween, but he’s since apologized for his tactless costume.
It's A Love Story
Prince Harry was recently spotted at a rugby match rekindling his relationship with his old flame, Chelsy Davy. The two separated last year, but after some romantic flings (Harry dated TV presenter Caroline Flack and Armani PR girl Stephanie Haynes), the lovebirds have since reunited.
Did You Know?
- Prince Harry enrolled in the military and served on the front line in the Afghan War until an American website revealed his presence.
- Harry was supposed to deploy in Iraq in 2007, but he had to forgo the plan when intelligence discovered an enemy plan to kidnap the prince.
- Harry was named one of People Magazine's "25 Most Intriguing People” in 2001.
- The Prince spent a GAP year in Australia working on a cattle station.
- Harry has two private secretaries to deal with his love letters from fans.