Skateboarding Twins Nic & Tristan Go Mega Dega
It’s been a wild ride for Nic and Tristan Puehse. They’re only 12, but these twins are so good at what they do – and what they do is skateboarding – that they’re releasing their first feature film in June 2010 called Nic & Tristan Go Mega Dega.
Fraternal twins Nic and Tristan live in California and love to tear up the region’s skate parks on their boards. Not only that, they like posting videos of them riding and doing tricks on YouTube. In fact, their online vids have been viewed more than 10 million times and have got them major sponsorships from Nike, Powell skateboards and Gatorade!
Now the boarding bros are taking on Hollywood with their first feature film called Nic & Tristan Go Mega Dega. It comes out on DVD in June 2010 and costars rapper Bobby J. Thompson. The twins have also been in talks with Nickelodeon about a possible TV series. Seems like things are really moving for the twins, on and off the ramps!
As their fame picks up speed, Nic and Tristan are starting to come to terms with their success. While they were walking the red carpet for a movie premiere recently, they spotted stars they’re used to watching on Nickelodeon and Disney Channel TV shows. Jake T. Austin from Wizards of Waverly Place even recognized them as the skateboarders on YouTube!
The twins have also appeared on the Ellen degeneres Show and ABC.
- Nic and Tristan are fraternal twins, not identical twins.
- While both are blonde, Tristan’s got curly hair while Nic’s hair is straight.
- They have a little sister named Natasha, who’s 8.
- They are homeschooled by their mom, Caryn.
- A photo of the guys on the half pipe was used in a magazine article about gravity.
- Besides skateboarding, they like playing soccer and tennis.
- On their skateboards, they like going fast, carving and getting air.
Q&A With Nic & Tristan
- How old are you? 12
- Are you fraternal twins or identical twins? Fraternal
- When and how did you get into skateboarding? We started when we were 6. When we were 5, we began wakeboarding. After about a year, a local skateboard park opened up and we wanted to check it out.
- What's your favorite trick? Nic: 360 Backside Stalefish; Tristan: Huge Airs
- What's your best trick? Nic: 360 Backside Stalefish; Tristan: Nollie 360 Shuvit Disaster
- What trick did you find hardest or most challenging to learn? Nic: Blunt with a body varial in. Blunt stalls are pretty difficult to begin with cause you are coming in backwards. Now imagine doing a 180 body varial while coming in backwards; Tristan: Backside 180 to Fakie 50-50.
- What's your favorite skate park and why? Black Pearl in Grand Cayman. We were there for 1 month filming our latest Take 5 skate video and it is just awesome. A huge park with big tranny in the beautiful Carribean. We had a blast skating in the mornings and enjoying the beautiful beaches, water and hanging wit the locals!
- What's next for you, after the movie? Hopefully another movie. We have a 3-picture deal with Corner Store Entertainment so if Go Mega Dega does well, we will be fiming another. We will start our next skate video Take 6 in about a month.
- Have you met any cool celebrities? We have met Ron Howard, Billy Baldwin, Mike Tyson, Ellen DeGeneres, Robin Williams, Jake T. Austin and Huey Lewis are a few.
- Who was your favorite or most exciting to meet? Probably Ellen because she is just super nice and funny.
- We know you both love skateboarding, but is there anything Nic likes that Tristan doesn't like, and vice versa? Not really. We pretty much like the same other activities: tennis, biking, racquetball, soccer and acting.
Video: Nic & Tristan Go Mega Dega Preview
- The Puehse Skateboarding Twins
- Skateboard Tricktionary: Kickturn
- Basic Fingerboard Tricks & More
- Roswell’s Skateboards & Kites