Comments

August Holidays

It's August! Time to celebrate holidays like Left Hander's Day, Women's Equality Day, Sister's Day and Middle Child Day. If you're looking for an excuse to party before school starts again, take a look at these quirky August holidays! Back to Article

bloggersiya
bloggersiya wrote:
2014-08-27 03:00:07 -0700

i have a sister but i forgot to celebrate this day. today itself i will.

MasterGlob
MasterGlob wrote:
2014-08-12 12:47:30 -0700

wow i loved t i wish i had a sister

originalgirl
originalgirl wrote:
2014-08-08 19:27:47 -0700

I'm quite ambidextrous.

AL20
AL20 wrote:
2014-08-08 03:10:45 -0700

amazing LOL!!!

ChickenGoPowPow
ChickenGoPowPow wrote:
2014-08-07 12:26:59 -0700

The month seems to celebrate a lot. o:

american_brit
american_brit wrote:
2014-08-05 08:57:17 -0700

Hmm... these really seem like segregated holidays.

linkofhyrule
linkofhyrule wrote:
2014-08-03 11:14:34 -0700

And through out this week is kingdom bound at darien lake

hanna007
hanna007 wrote:
2014-08-02 03:23:42 -0700

14 august is the independence of pakistan my cute motherland

CatShreya
CatShreya wrote:
2014-08-01 22:56:49 -0700

15th august is my motherland India's Independence Day

CatShreya
CatShreya wrote:
2014-08-01 22:56:09 -0700

and today is one of my close kw friends' birthday...2nd August!!

CatShreya

OrphanBlack wrote:
2014-08-01 12:50:17 -0700

exam results on 21st!

rensbigfan15
rensbigfan15 wrote:
2014-08-01 12:47:54 -0700

i m to say that i will do sister's day with my own sisters and my facebook sisters and i wont forget my kidzworld sisters too.

tank48
tank48 wrote:
2014-08-01 12:37:00 -0700

my birth day is on the 20th

Thunderpandapaw
Thunderpandapaw wrote:
2014-08-01 12:16:03 -0700

XD Yeah. I wish I were there to see that.

CherrytheSkylyn
CherrytheSkylyn wrote:
2014-08-01 12:13:04 -0700

Yeah! Sister's Day is only two days away! My brother shall worship me!

Poll

Fave August Holiday?

• Left Hander's Day cuz I'm a leftie!
  • Middle Child's Day so I can celebrate my fave TV character, Malcom.
  • La Tomatina Festival cuz I love a good food fight!
  • Sister's Day cuz my sis is always lending me her stylin' clothes.

Micro_august-holidays-micro
Besides all the totally bizarre day-long occasions, August is the official month used to recogniz...
Micro_womens equality day_micro
Less than 100 years ago women weren't allowed to vote. Can you believe that?! Women's Equality Da...
Micro_la tomatina_micro
La Tomatina is one of the messiest festivals the world has to offer. Kidzworld gives you the scoo...
Micro_hand micro
Left-handed people have it rough. Not only is the world built for right-handers but lefties are t...

Random in the forums

AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Debating:
"Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: I should have known using the confederacy as an example would resonate with you. Like you said, it's another topic, but I could also talk about the Pacific slave trade.  I'm not pro slave, but I am against the south=racist bandwagon. I know you're smart enough to not be on that wagon though. Objection: Relevance? How is Pacific Slave Trade significant to the topic? It affected men and women alike (albeit mostly men)? It's not particularly relevant, it's another topic, that's why I'm not going to talk about it.  Oh. Okay.
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Debating:
"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:I should have known using the confederacy as an example would resonate with you. Like you said, it's another topic, but I could also talk about the Pacific slave trade.  I'm not pro slave, but I am against the south=racist bandwagon. I know you're smart enough to not be on that wagon though. Objection: Relevance? How is Pacific Slave Trade significant to the topic?
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: Right, I'm obligated to sign up for the draft, and you couldn't even if you wanted to. Then again, women couldn't own and manage land while married until 1718....and it wasn't national until around 1850. You should probably specify where, because the place where I live wasn't even colonized yet in 1718.  Providence of Pennsylvania. However most states didn't accept it until around 1840-50. Maryland had achieved statehood in 1788, but it took them until 1841 to legalize married women to own property, and even them they had no control over the property. This is the case for many states. Face it, early America treated women as property....she was right on that part. But that's all changed. I'm not denying it. I was merely suggesting that you should specify where. Of course, in all the dates you've listed so far, men were also to be bought and sold as property in the U.S. in the states that would become the Confederacy. I would say that their treatment as property was much harsher than that of women in many cases, but yes, of course both men and women have been treated as property by the law in the past, and still are in many places today.    American Slavery didn't discriminate between genders. And for women, it was the same for blacks and whites. Also, pinning slavery and the confederacy together? I thought you knew more about the topic. But that's another debate. I should have known using the confederacy as an example would resonate with you. Like you said, it's another topic, but I could also talk about the Pacific slave trade.
Ghostling
Ghostling posted in Food:
Vegetables=Potatoes. Potatoes=Chips (crisps). Chips=Good.