American Idol Recap :: Thursday May 20
Courtesy of Fox
- On Tuesday night Crystal belted out her version of Paul McCartney’s “Maybe I’m Amazed,” Casey sang the sweet “Daughters” by John Mayer and Lee tackled the popular song choice, “Hallelujah.”
- The Top 3 took us to their hometowns on Wednesday night. Casey and his mother returned to the hospital in Cool, Texas where he’d nearly died after a serious motorcycle accident. Crystal was shocked on set when she watched her return to Ohio and heard it was soundtracked with her own original song, “Holy Toledo.” Lee felt the hometown spirit in Chicago where he got to throw a pitch at a Cubs game and perform “The Boxer” by Simon and Garfunkel.
- Justin Bieber performed shortened versions of “U Smile” and “Baby” and proved he’s more than a haircut with his crazy drum solo that ended the set.
- Travis Garland sang “Believe” and if you’ve never heard of this guy, you’re not the only one. He was discovered by gossip queen bee Perez Hilton after posting a cover of “Dead and Gone” by T.I. and Justin Timberlake. Rumors are flying that Perez might take Simon’s judges seat when he leaves next season!
Despite another passionate performance, Casey James failed to win enough votes to stay in the competition. He picked out a little girl from the crowd to sit on his knee as he sang his way out with a reprise of John Mayer’s “Daughters.” We’ll miss you, Casey!
Courtesy of Fox
Crystal Vs. Lee
Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox will be duking it out next week. Can Crystal break the cycle of men dominating the winner’s circle? Or will Lee continue the trend of the Idol guys coming out on top?
The recent success of Idol runner-ups like Adam Lambert and Jennifer Hudson prove contestants don’t need to win to make a name for themselves. Do you think Lee and Crystal have a shot at stardom? Let us know in the comments!
- American Idol Recap :: Thursday May 13
- American Idol Recap :: Thursday May 6
- American Idol Recap :: Friday April 29
- American Idol Recap :: Friday April 23