Super Mario Galaxy 2 Preview
Kidzworld took and exclusive look into the new Super Mario Galaxy 2! Available for Nintendo Wii on May 23rd!!
Top Super Mario Galaxy 2 Features:
- Co-star mode: 2nd player can jump in at any time and help you collect Star Bits and kill enemies
- Cosmic Guide: Characters will help you and guide you through a level if you keep dying in the same place. They can finish a level for you, but you receive a Bronze star opposed to gold star. You cannot complete the game without all gold stars
- Tip Network: These are new screens that show you what to do
- Yoshi is a use-able character!
- You can earn Luigi and use him as a player
- Fire Flower: You can throw fire
- The world layout is like a map and gives more structure
- Comet Metals: collect them throughout – 1 per level. The more you collect the more you unlock
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Play as Yoshi!
- You can ride Yoshi
- Blub Yoshi: He eats a bulb berry and become a light bulb and can see in the dark
- Yoshi wears boots, so you can maneuver through mud and it does not slow you down
- Yoshi's tongue can eat anything and certain fruit gives him power. He can even grab plants
- Dash Yoshi: He eats hot peppers which makes him runs= really fast and can dodge enemies
New Suits and Items in Super Mario Galaxy 2:
- Drill Suit: Shake the remote to drill through the dirt and you can through pipes
- Rock Suit: You become a boulder and crash into enemies
- Cloud Mario: A cloud comes under you and you can move from platform to platform
Planet Mario is the home base for the game and where you will go after you get a star. All of the stars you collect are what powers the ship!
- Can swim or ride shells, which makes you swim very quickly
- Can throw shells at enemies
- Stomp on red buttons to turns the water to ice. This enables Mario to go skating!
Check out the exclusive launch party this Sunday, May 23rd in Toronto, Ontario, Canada! A surprise character will be making an appearance. And its FREE!!
What Video Games are Dropping This Week?
- May 23rd - Super Mario Galaxy 2 for Wii
- May 25th - Blur for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC
- May 25th - ModNation Racers for PS3 and PSP
- May 25th - Pirates Plundarr for Wii