Comments

Dear Dish-it: Getting Along with Dad

Parents girls asks: "My dad yells but it makes me cry. What should I do?" Back to Article

Ashleexo
Ashleexo wrote:
2014-01-03 04:32:47 -0800

My dad is very nice also and he spoils me. I learned when I was 10 that getting on his bad side is a very bad idea (gulp).

JennyD
JennyD wrote:
2014-01-02 16:10:59 -0800

my dad is the best and he is nice

Midapops
Midapops wrote:
2014-01-02 15:46:11 -0800

Same with me, CeCe lov! Embarrassed my dad is SUPER nice. He wouldn't even care if I bring a stray kitten home. He's so awesome.

Jamanda
Jamanda wrote:
2013-11-23 12:46:38 -0800

I usually get along with my dad but my mom starts yelling at me for no reason.

cece luv
cece luv wrote:
2013-07-28 21:21:58 -0700

i get along with my dad but not so much with my mom my mom yells every 5 min :\

chipcheese1
chipcheese1 wrote:
2013-06-16 18:15:51 -0700

im a only child so i get along alright

Ashleexo
Ashleexo wrote:
2013-06-16 06:53:34 -0700

I get along with my dad almost all the time.

anakute12
anakute12 wrote:
2012-07-27 04:19:13 -0700

I Love My DADDY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ttyloxox123456
ttyloxox123456 wrote:
2012-07-26 21:39:45 -0700

Im daddy's lil girl

nanibabee123
nanibabee123 wrote:
2012-07-26 21:36:04 -0700

i love my dad so much but we just dont get along anymore i dont get it i guess cause im getting older and my attitude is getting worse and now all my family doesnt care for me anymore i feel so alone in the world nowFrown

genebee66
genebee66 wrote:
2012-07-26 20:38:27 -0700

im spoiled by my dad lol

johnjohn123
johnjohn123 wrote:
2012-07-26 20:35:10 -0700

Nawh My Dad Is Good

saria
saria wrote:
2012-07-26 20:33:27 -0700

I Love Mhy Daddy To Death No Matter Wat Happens Im A Daddy's Girl For Life
#TeamDaddyGirl

JasmineGotTheCandy
JasmineGotTheCandy wrote:
2012-07-26 20:30:18 -0700

Mee Nd Dad Has UpsND Downs But He Still Loves Mee!

Ashlee!!!!DimpLESS!!!!!
Ashlee!!!!DimpLESS!!!!! wrote:
2012-07-26 20:13:51 -0700

I am a daddys Girl

HaitiChild
HaitiChild wrote:
2012-04-20 23:16:34 -0700

my dad and I used to ave play fights before he died they were fun fights though

girlicous kea
girlicous kea wrote:
2012-02-10 14:53:42 -0800

i love my dad and he loves me smile

peace,laugh,mucic luva101
peace,laugh,mucic luva101 wrote:
2011-04-22 14:27:29 -0700

Hope things get better! Try talking it out with him and see what happens.

IyddsBrittaniBaybee
IyddsBrittaniBaybee wrote:
2010-05-30 06:48:56 -0700

I have the same exact problem, I dnt understand how they can tlk trash about you and yell when you mess up, but then theyll come back and say "We made the same mistakes" then y dnt u understand. And with my dad there is no tlk what he says goes.

mooncitlali
mooncitlali wrote:
2010-05-30 05:52:08 -0700

I would go up to my dad right now and tell him I love you dad and your my dad don't treat me like this I look up to you don't turn me away if that don't work then idk hoped i helped

Which TV Dad Is Most Like Your Own?

• Fred Flinstone.
  • Homer Simpson.
  • Peter Griffin (Family Guy).
  • Red Foreman.

Micro_abuse_micro
kjm64 asks: "I have no idea what to do. My dad hasn't hit me since I was four and all of a sudden...
Micro_child abuse_micro
An estimated 906,000 children are victims of abuse and neglect every year. Since April is Child A...
My dad hits me and I don't know what to do. I thought about calling the police, but I don't know ...

LollipopR
LollipopR posted in Style:
Leggings
John Appetite
John Appetite posted in Friends:
"FloraTheWolf" wrote:One thing that I have noticed is that a lot of people seem to think they should have a boyfriend or a girlfriend as soon as possible, but they don't need to until its the right time just for them. You don't have to be forced to fall in love with someone if you don't want to. Let love come in its own time.And to keep away from any problems with her if she may become mean, try just forgetting about what happened and treat her like a normal person you know, and try to avoid any arguments. If she becomes mean, maybe just walk away for a bit. And if she is still being mean, maybe confront her asking what you have ever done to make her this way towards you. If you have done nothing, then she will have no reason to be mad at you so its not your problem she is being mean so you don't have to be stressed about it.I hope this helps! :) Thanks for the advice. This takes a burden off of my head. "Bloody Wings" wrote:ignore her be the cool kind of guy dont talk to her even if she comes and talk with you.well thats my opinion Thanks for the advice. Now I know the appropriate reaction. "Dear Dish-It" wrote: Hi there! My most important advice would be to be yourself! live your life! do the things you want to do. If you've moved past what happened with your feelings for one another, just go and enjoy your time. If things are weird, it'll be because of her, not you. Stay positive and calm and I'm sure you'll have fun!   Hope you have a good time! Thanks for helping me out Dish-It. You did not only help me out, but also wished me well. You are more like a care-taker, and you made me feel good. Thank you. Moderators can now lock the topic please.
Dear Dish-It
Dear Dish-It posted in Friends:
cargirl296
cargirl296 posted in Style:
I think that rubber band bracelets are totally in right now. And they are easy to make on a loom! Head scarves are also in as well. Hope you found this helpful!
Dear Dish-It
Wow! This sounds so frustrating! Maybe talk to your mom about what's going on. Ask her why she's doing it. She might just be worried about your safety online. More and more there are unsafe people talking to kids on the internet. I'm sure your mom just has your best interest at heart. See if you two can agree on how to keep you safe online!   Good luck!