Ray Allen Bio
Born:July 20, 1975
Ray with Denzel Washington
Ray for 3
Walter Ray Allen
Ray Allen is a great NBA player that is known for his amazing jump shot. He has been playing in the NBA since the Milwaukee Bucks drafted him 1st pick, then traded to the Seattle Supersonics and Boston Celtics where he finally won a championship.
He Got Game
Ray’s most famous work is on the basketball court, but not just in the NBA, but in the blockbuster film “He Got Game” written and directed by Spike Lee. Ray played the lead role of a high school basketball player confronted with the problems and pressures that a star player faces as they become famous… probably very similar to his own life story.
Ray for 3
Ray is chasing the great Reggie Miller for the all-time greatest shooter title. Ray has now moved into 2nd place in the record books for most 3-pointers in a NBA career. Reggie has made 2650 3 pointers in his 15 year career with a 40% shooting percentage from downtown. Ray is only about 300 away from breaking Reggie’s record!
Ray helped lead the Celtics to their first championship in 2008. It was the Celtics’ first Championship since the days when Larry Bird played. Ray will never be able to catch the legendary status of Larry in Boston, but with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, the Boston Celtic Dynasty could bring many more championships to Boston.
Did U Know?
- Ray is 6'5" tall and weighs 205 pounds.
- Ray’s nickname is Jesus because that was his name in the movie “He Got Game”.
- Ray hold the record for most 3-pointers in one season with 269
- Ray won a Gold Medal at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney on the US Olympic Men’s Basketball Team
- Ray once hit 72 free throws in a row
- Lakers and Celtics Rivalry
- NBA Championship Finals 2010
- Best-of-7 Series Showdown!
- More Bios of Your Fave Athletes