2010 MTV Movie Awards Winners
On Sunday, June 6, MTV hosted the 2010 MTV Movie Awards. This year’s show was all about strange and quirky performances, horribly scripted award intros, and a whole lot of swearing. There was so much “beeping” going on, it was hard to make out some of the speeches!
The Twilight saga cast cleaned up again this year, taking home 5 wins! If they had been nominated in all the categories, there’s no doubt they would have stolen the whole show.
- Best Female Performance: Kristen Stewart (New Moon)
- Best Breakout Star: Anna Kendrick (Up in the Air)
- Best Scared-as-S**t Performance: Amanda Seyfried (Jennifer’s Body)
- Best Kiss: Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattison (New Moon)
- Best WTF Moment: Ken Jeong (The Hangover)
- Best Villain: Tom Felton (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince)
- Biggest Bad*** Star: Rain
- Best Male Performance: Robert Pattinson (New Moon)
- Global Superstar: Robert Pattinson
- Best Comedic Performance: Zach Galifianakis (The Hangover)
- Best Fight: Beyonce Knowles vs. Ali Larter (Obsessed)
- Best Movie: New Moon
But the MTV Movie Awards isn’t all about award winners and nominees. There were some interesting musical numbers by J-Lo and Tom Cruise (dressed as his chubby, balding character in Tropic Thunder); [kwlink14543]Katy Perry[/kwlink] and Snoop Dog (performing California Girls); and Christina Aguilera.
Teaser Trailers for Eclipse and Harry Potter 7
The MTV Movie Awards offered a little snippet of two anticipated films coming in 2010: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows , and Eclipse. They showed us just enough to tickle our HP/Twilight-crazed taste buds, but not nearly enough to satisfy our hunger! Give us more!
The Generation Award
On a (just slightly) more serious note, Betty White, Bradley Cooper and Scarlett Johansson presented the Generation Award to Sandra Bullock. Despite the struggles that Bullock has been facing with her cheating husband and media attention, she stood tall and cleared the air about all the rumors going around in gossip magazines. Before Sandra Bullock left the stage, Scarlett made her move. Jealous of her husband Ryan Reynold’s on-screen smooch with Bullock, Scarlett stole a kiss of her own!