Dear Dish-it: Help Me Make Sure I See My Friends This Summer!
So OK, I’m so excited for summer. But I’m worried me and my friends aren’t gonna see each other often. What activities can I plan so I can spend time with them?
Summer Fun with Your Friends
Great question! The important thing to do, if you’re worried about not seeing your friends enough this summer, is to plan ahead! Don’t leave it until the last minute – that’s when people get busy and can’t come out to your impromptu barbecue or volleyball game. Chat about your vacation plans with your friends and ask them to help you create some fun activities and events every one can look forward to – check out our list of 50 fun things to do with your friends this summer if you get stuck coming up with ideas!
Summer Fun List
- Have a picnic in the park or in your backyard.
- Get out your digital cameras out and go for a walk, taking pix of all the summery things you see.
- Buy some fashion mags, pick out a couple cute summer outfits and then spend the day visiting thrift stores to see if you can recreate the same looks for less.
- Bead some friendship bracelets and sell them for charity.
- Volunteer as a group at your local animal shelter or hospital.
- Ask your friends to help you organize your room – then return the favor.
- Bake cupcakes.
- Break out the board games you used to play as a kid!
- Go on a group dog walk.
- Get in shape together by creating a daily fitness routine you all can stick to.
- Make a friendship scrapbook.
- Have a make-your-own-ice-cream-sundae party!
- Go see a movie.
- Go window shopping.
- Set up a lemonade stand.
- Set up your own dog-washing business.
- Make dinner for your families.
- Have a sleepover party and watch scary movies.
- Babysit a few different kids together.
- Sign up for an art class.
- Make mixed CDs of all your fave songs.
- Order pizza and eat it out on the porch.
- Fill up your old plastic kiddy pool and splash around.
- Run through the sprinkler on your front lawn.
- Start a book club that meets every week.
- Start diaries and meet up to write in them every day.
- Spend the day at the library.
- Draw portraits of each other.
- Make collages of your dreams and goals for the next year using old magazines.
- Go to a museum.
- Go out for lunch.
- Meet for a pancake breakfast.
- Learn to sew or knit.
- Have swinging contests at the park.
- Bike around the neighborhood.
- Tie-Dye old T-shirts.
- Make smoothies.
- Make your own freezer popsicles.
- Turn up the stereo and dance!
- Plan a day at the beach or pool.
- Set up a tent and go camping in your backyard.
- Plant a veggie garden.
- Start a lawn-mowing business.
- Get enough friends together to play a game of softball, baseball, volleyball or soccer.
- Go to the zoo or an amusement park.
- Take a self-defense class.
- Have a communal yard sale and get rid of all your junk!
- Jump in the pool with your clothes on.
- Go cloud watching.
- Make your own checklist of things to do with your friends this summer and check each item off, one by one, as you do them!
What’s Your Advice?
Like or list or do you have some better suggestions for jay? Sound off by leaving your comment below!
More Great Dish-It Advice:
- Beat The Boredom Blues
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Make Your Own Soap
- Build A Sandcastle
- Top 10 Outdoor Toys
- Find A Summer Job
- Art Camp
- Summer Camp
- Popular Summer Vacation Spots
- Circus Camp
- Build A Fort
- Teen Employment
- Unique Summer Holidays
- Fabulous Summer Reads