So You Think You Can Dance Season 7 :: Top 11
Last night, the Top 11 performed for the second time on the So You Think You Can Dance stage. But this time, they were dancing for America’s votes.
Courtesy of Fox
- Billy and all-star Lauren opened the show with Broadway. Adam said his dancing is flawless, but he needs to work on his emotion and character.
- Cristina and Mark’s Jazz routine was just okay. The judges certainly gave it high praise. But it was all-star Mark’s twisted and creepy style of dance that helped Cristina look good.
- Alexie and Twitch performed a hip-hop routine that would’ve been sexy if Alexie hadn’t been smiling and acting so cutsie during the routine.
- Kent hid his nerves as he busted out his ballroom moves with all-star Anya. It looked a little weird seeing the “baby” of this season dance with the “woman” of seasons past. But he definitely held his own.
- Robert and all-star Courtney performed an African Jazz routine. Adam Shankman said that Robert is one of the best contemporary dancers they’ve ever had on the show—talk about a strong statement! Robert is good, no doubt. But perhaps Adam is blinded by Robert’s dashing good looks.
- Lauren and Ade performed a pop-jazz routine about a couple on their first date. It was a well-choreographed routine, but the judges were iffy about Lauren’s performance.
- Tap dancer Melina joined Pasha for some Latin Ballroom. Unfortunately, she was too stiff and appeared pigeon toed. Maybe she isn’t ready to let go of her tap shoes just yet.
- Adechike lived out every guy’s fantasy in his Jazz routine with all-star Kathryn. But the judges didn’t feel the chemistry. Kathryn gave it her all, but Adechike didn’t put enough emotion into it.
- Jose and Comfort busted out an animalistic hip-hop routine. Because hip-hop is so close to Jose’s b-boy style, he had no problem with the routine.
- Ashley and Neil performed a contemporary routine choreographed by Tyce Diorio. Unfortunately, it didn’t wow the judges.
- Alex and Allison received the best compliments of the night after their emotional contemporary routine. Even Nigel was almost speechless. The judges said it was perhaps the show’s best routine ever. Exaggeration? I think so.
Three girls ended up in the bottom three this week: Melinda, Alexie and Cristina. But it was Alexie that the judges decided to send home.