So You Think You Can Dance Season 7 :: Top 9
This week on So You Think You Can Dance, the top 9 dancers performed two routines: one with an all-star partner and one solo.
Courtesy of Fox
- First up was Adechike with all-star Lauren. The judges said their hip-hop routine brought out Adechike’s natural swag and funk. The partners had great chemistry, making this routine Adechike’s best performance to date.
- Next Ashley and Ade performed contemporary. The judges felt this was Ashley’s best performance, as she learned to dance beyond the steps.
- Robert and Courtney landed a jazz routine, choreographed by the weird and wonderful Sonja. The judges said that Robert has the same creepy-good dance qualities as all-star Mark, making him perfect for Sonja’s choreography.
- Melinda and Pasha hit the floor with salsa. Unfortunately, Mia delivered the worst possible insult—she regretted sending Cristina home last week instead of Melinda.
- In Lauren and Neil’s performance, one of Lauren’s dress straps came loose. Talk about a costume malfunction! Overall the judges liked her performance.
- Billy and Kathryn’s contemporary routine didn’t get the rave reviews Billy hoped for. The judges didn’t believe the partnership. They said he is an amazing soloist, but he needs to build better connections with his partners.
- Jose and Anya performed a Samba choreographed by Demetri. Nigel said Jose joined the ooh-I’ve-lost-the-buttons-on-my-shirt club that Demetri was famous for during his season. The judges admitted that he’s not a great dancer, but his charm makes them overlook that.
- Kent and Allison performed a jazz routine. The judges said his facial expressions are becoming fake. He’s playing to the audience when he should be focusing on his partner. But despite his “hungry jazz face,” Adam called him the most hirable dancer on the show.
- Finally, Alex and Twitch blew everyone away with a male hip-hop duet. Alex, a ballet dancer, didn’t think he could master the rough and gruff hip-hop swag. But the quirky story behind the dance, combined with Alex’s unbelievable talent landed him a
standing ovation[/kwlink]. The judges were in awe. Nigel said the performance was worthy of an Emmy.
On Thursday night, Billy, Robert and Melinda landed in the bottom three. And it was a no brainer who’d be sent home—Melinda.
- So You Think You Can Dance Season 7 :: Top 10
- Quiz the Coach :: Dance Moves
- Becoming a Reality Show Star
- Krumping & Clowning