Comments

Dear Dish-it: I Bite My Nails

mommy's little girl asks: "My mom told me unless I stop biting my nails I won't get anything for my birthday. What should I do to stop?" Back to Article

jonasfan67
jonasfan67 wrote:
2014-07-10 15:51:55 -0700

I bite the skin around my nails, and it really is a bad decision now looking at it. My fingers are not like most peoples'. I do call them "ugly" but I'm doing my best to stop. If they hurt or I am biting for a long period of time, I'll put petroleum jelly or Chapstick on my fingers to make myself stop. It actually helps. I don't bite my fingers while the petroleum jelly is on it. My advice to you is DON'T BITE YOUR NAILS OR THE SKIN AROUND YOUR NAILS! Try your best to stop! Life will be easier!

Smiles909
Smiles909 wrote:
2014-02-26 11:31:10 -0800

Petroleum Jelly CAN be poisonous. If you get a little bit on your tounge, you're not gonna die, but if you eat half a jar that's a different story...

mustash_Swagger
mustash_Swagger wrote:
2013-10-18 17:40:19 -0700

yeah im pretty sure petrolum jelly is poisunous, thts y it would help. if u know tht then u wont bite ur nails. duuh!

stayawaystalker
stayawaystalker wrote:
2013-08-12 13:23:38 -0700

petroleum jelly?! that is poisonous!

wolfiegal
wolfiegal wrote:
2013-08-05 09:56:06 -0700

Interesting… xD

shelbsters123
shelbsters123 wrote:
2013-07-26 22:50:16 -0700

Ewww. Isnt that poisonous?

shelbsters123
shelbsters123 wrote:
2013-07-26 22:49:02 -0700

You should not even pick your nails. Your nails are nota supposed to be messed with.

shelbsters123
shelbsters123 wrote:
2013-07-26 22:45:11 -0700

You should twiddle youre thumbs around or keep your hands occupied instead oferta chewing them.

sajadel
sajadel wrote:
2013-07-26 18:04:42 -0700

okay sound intersting

xPrincessPikachux
xPrincessPikachux wrote:
2013-07-26 17:04:11 -0700

I used to bite my nails... I don't do it anymore because my nails would look ugly after biting

donnabug13
donnabug13 wrote:
2013-07-26 15:49:39 -0700

I do it alot even if they are painted

QueenTitania
QueenTitania wrote:
2013-07-26 15:47:11 -0700

paint your nails

HIBZz101
HIBZz101 wrote:
2013-07-16 13:11:42 -0700

I had this habbit when i was a kid

Denai101
Denai101 wrote:
2013-07-07 19:16:11 -0700

I been biting nails all the time when I was younger and it is not good

Lexibearr101
Lexibearr101 wrote:
2013-07-07 19:09:17 -0700

I used to bite my nails but I stopped last year

xXTaraXx
xXTaraXx wrote:
2013-07-07 18:30:51 -0700

I never bite my nails but my bro whos 18! Does
And he doesn't see why he shouldn't, that boy is so stupid sometimes!

jordzapps
jordzapps wrote:
2013-07-07 18:10:01 -0700

I swear it's bad

jordzapps
jordzapps wrote:
2013-07-07 18:09:49 -0700

wowww

jordzapps
jordzapps wrote:
2013-07-07 18:09:37 -0700

i dont bite me nails anymore

Peaches_n_cream
Peaches_n_cream wrote:
2013-07-07 18:07:26 -0700

I bite my nails and yea I'm trying to stop, but I couldn't.

Poll

Do You Bite Your Nails?

• Yeah, all the time.
  • Yeah, but I'm trying to stop.
  • Only when I can't find nail clippers.
  • No, I never bite my nails.

Do you chomp on your nails instead of reaching for the nail clippers? Find out why you need to br...
Need something fun to do at your next slumber party? Check out Fantastic Fingers, a manicure kit ...
Most people live in flip flops during the summer, but you can't bare your feet if you have callus...

Boysrock50
Boysrock50 posted in Friends:
kaykay2002
kaykay2002 posted in Friends:
Boysrock50
Boysrock50 posted in Friends:
She is obviously NOT your best friend. I wouldn't even call her a friend She is a bully who thinks she can have her own way She thinks she can control you like you're her follower because she the truth is she needs you Be smart and leave her because she's only going to keep you down and then one day she will find  friends just like her and she will just ignore you forever, thinking shes too cool for you. I would either: Tell her straight that she needs to make her own friends because you don't want to be friends anymore or: Tell her that you don't like what she does and either she changes her ways and acts more like a friend, or you cant be friends anymore. I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm being wise and you should be wise too.
-Allie-
-Allie- posted in Friends:
I would drop her for two main reasons. One - guilt by association. Meaning people might be afraid to be your friend because they think you might bully them too like she does.  Two - Losing her "only friend" as you say may make her realize she needs to make a change on how she treats people. In any case, do it nicely if you do! HTH!
jordand08
jordand08 posted in Friends:
She's not a very good friend.