Kw-logo-smaller

Comments

Dear Dish-it: I Bite My Nails

mommy's little girl asks: "My mom told me unless I stop biting my nails I won't get anything for my birthday. What should I do to stop?" Back to Article

Please login or register to add comments

jonasfan67
jonasfan67 wrote:
2014-07-10 15:51:55 -0700

I bite the skin around my nails, and it really is a bad decision now looking at it. My fingers are not like most peoples'. I do call them "ugly" but I'm doing my best to stop. If they hurt or I am biting for a long period of time, I'll put petroleum jelly or Chapstick on my fingers to make myself stop. It actually helps. I don't bite my fingers while the petroleum jelly is on it. My advice to you is DON'T BITE YOUR NAILS OR THE SKIN AROUND YOUR NAILS! Try your best to stop! Life will be easier!

report
Smiles909
Smiles909 wrote:
2014-02-26 11:31:10 -0800

Petroleum Jelly CAN be poisonous. If you get a little bit on your tounge, you're not gonna die, but if you eat half a jar that's a different story...

report
mustash_Swagger
mustash_Swagger wrote:
2013-10-18 17:40:19 -0700

yeah im pretty sure petrolum jelly is poisunous, thts y it would help. if u know tht then u wont bite ur nails. duuh!

report
stayawaystalker
stayawaystalker wrote:
2013-08-12 13:23:38 -0700

petroleum jelly?! that is poisonous!

report
wolfiegal
wolfiegal wrote:
2013-08-05 09:56:06 -0700

Interesting… xD

report
shelbsters123
shelbsters123 wrote:
2013-07-26 22:50:16 -0700

Ewww. Isnt that poisonous?

report
shelbsters123
shelbsters123 wrote:
2013-07-26 22:49:02 -0700

You should not even pick your nails. Your nails are nota supposed to be messed with.

report
shelbsters123
shelbsters123 wrote:
2013-07-26 22:45:11 -0700

You should twiddle youre thumbs around or keep your hands occupied instead oferta chewing them.

report
sajadel
sajadel wrote:
2013-07-26 18:04:42 -0700

okay sound intersting

report
xPrincessPikachux
xPrincessPikachux wrote:
2013-07-26 17:04:11 -0700

I used to bite my nails... I don't do it anymore because my nails would look ugly after biting

report
donnabug13
donnabug13 wrote:
2013-07-26 15:49:39 -0700

I do it alot even if they are painted

report
QueenTitania
QueenTitania wrote:
2013-07-26 15:47:11 -0700

paint your nails

report
HIBZz101
HIBZz101 wrote:
2013-07-16 13:11:42 -0700

I had this habbit when i was a kid

report
Denai101
Denai101 wrote:
2013-07-07 19:16:11 -0700

I been biting nails all the time when I was younger and it is not good

report
Lexibearr101
Lexibearr101 wrote:
2013-07-07 19:09:17 -0700

I used to bite my nails but I stopped last year

report
xXTaraXx
xXTaraXx wrote:
2013-07-07 18:30:51 -0700

I never bite my nails but my bro whos 18! Does
And he doesn't see why he shouldn't, that boy is so stupid sometimes!

report
jordzapps
jordzapps wrote:
2013-07-07 18:10:01 -0700

I swear it's bad

report
jordzapps
jordzapps wrote:
2013-07-07 18:09:49 -0700

wowww

report
jordzapps
jordzapps wrote:
2013-07-07 18:09:37 -0700

i dont bite me nails anymore

report
Peaches_n_cream
Peaches_n_cream wrote:
2013-07-07 18:07:26 -0700

I bite my nails and yea I'm trying to stop, but I couldn't.

report
back to story
Poll

Do You Bite Your Nails?

  • Yeah, all the time.
  • Yeah, but I'm trying to stop.
  • Only when I can't find nail clippers.
  • No, I never bite my nails.

related stories

Do you chomp on your nails instead of reaching for the nail clippers? Find out why you need to br...
Need something fun to do at your next slumber party? Check out Fantastic Fingers, a manicure kit ...
Most people live in flip flops during the summer, but you can't bare your feet if you have callus...

Dear Dish-It in the forums

Boysrock50
Boysrock50 posted in Friends:
Yeah I had a friend in the same situation as you, he was too scared to say anything so we spoke for him. Now the 'friend' has changed and hes our mate. Just tell her straight and firmly, its the only way
reply 2 minutes
kaykay2002
kaykay2002 posted in Friends:
"Boysrock50" wrote:She is obviously NOT your best friend.I wouldn't even call her a friendShe is a bully who thinks she can have her own wayShe thinks she can control you like you're her follower because she the truth is she needs youBe smart and leave her because she's only going to keep you down and then one day she will find  friends just like her and she will just ignore you forever, thinking shes too cool for you.I would either:Tell her straight that she needs to make her own friends because you don't want to be friends anymoreor:Tell her that you don't like what she does and either she changes her ways and acts more like a friend, or you cant be friends anymore.I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm being wise and you should be wise too. Thanks I actually might try that but she is really stubborn and will not take no for an answer I have tried just ignoring her but he will kick, hit, or punch me to get attention. my parents also don't like her bcuz she is bossy. I also have to go to summer camp with her for the next 2 weeks and w have to be buddies for it so i think i might die
reply 6 minutes
Boysrock50
Boysrock50 posted in Friends:
She is obviously NOT your best friend. I wouldn't even call her a friend She is a bully who thinks she can have her own way She thinks she can control you like you're her follower because she the truth is she needs you Be smart and leave her because she's only going to keep you down and then one day she will find  friends just like her and she will just ignore you forever, thinking shes too cool for you. I would either: Tell her straight that she needs to make her own friends because you don't want to be friends anymore or: Tell her that you don't like what she does and either she changes her ways and acts more like a friend, or you cant be friends anymore. I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm being wise and you should be wise too.
reply 19 minutes
-Allie-
-Allie- posted in Friends:
I would drop her for two main reasons. One - guilt by association. Meaning people might be afraid to be your friend because they think you might bully them too like she does.  Two - Losing her "only friend" as you say may make her realize she needs to make a change on how she treats people. In any case, do it nicely if you do! HTH! 
reply 25 minutes
jordand08
jordand08 posted in Friends:
She's not a very good friend.
reply 34 minutes