Comments

Dear Dish-it: I Bite My Nails

mommy's little girl asks: "My mom told me unless I stop biting my nails I won't get anything for my birthday. What should I do to stop?" Back to Article

jonasfan67
jonasfan67 wrote:
2014-07-10 15:51:55 -0700

I bite the skin around my nails, and it really is a bad decision now looking at it. My fingers are not like most peoples'. I do call them "ugly" but I'm doing my best to stop. If they hurt or I am biting for a long period of time, I'll put petroleum jelly or Chapstick on my fingers to make myself stop. It actually helps. I don't bite my fingers while the petroleum jelly is on it. My advice to you is DON'T BITE YOUR NAILS OR THE SKIN AROUND YOUR NAILS! Try your best to stop! Life will be easier!

Smiles909
Smiles909 wrote:
2014-02-26 11:31:10 -0800

Petroleum Jelly CAN be poisonous. If you get a little bit on your tounge, you're not gonna die, but if you eat half a jar that's a different story...

mustash_Swagger
mustash_Swagger wrote:
2013-10-18 17:40:19 -0700

yeah im pretty sure petrolum jelly is poisunous, thts y it would help. if u know tht then u wont bite ur nails. duuh!

stayawaystalker
stayawaystalker wrote:
2013-08-12 13:23:38 -0700

petroleum jelly?! that is poisonous!

wolfiegal
wolfiegal wrote:
2013-08-05 09:56:06 -0700

Interesting… xD

shelbsters123
shelbsters123 wrote:
2013-07-26 22:50:16 -0700

Ewww. Isnt that poisonous?

shelbsters123
shelbsters123 wrote:
2013-07-26 22:49:02 -0700

You should not even pick your nails. Your nails are nota supposed to be messed with.

shelbsters123
shelbsters123 wrote:
2013-07-26 22:45:11 -0700

You should twiddle youre thumbs around or keep your hands occupied instead oferta chewing them.

sajadel
sajadel wrote:
2013-07-26 18:04:42 -0700

okay sound intersting

xPrincessPikachux
xPrincessPikachux wrote:
2013-07-26 17:04:11 -0700

I used to bite my nails... I don't do it anymore because my nails would look ugly after biting

donnabug13
donnabug13 wrote:
2013-07-26 15:49:39 -0700

I do it alot even if they are painted

QueenTitania
QueenTitania wrote:
2013-07-26 15:47:11 -0700

paint your nails

HIBZz101
HIBZz101 wrote:
2013-07-16 13:11:42 -0700

I had this habbit when i was a kid

Denai101
Denai101 wrote:
2013-07-07 19:16:11 -0700

I been biting nails all the time when I was younger and it is not good

Lexibearr101
Lexibearr101 wrote:
2013-07-07 19:09:17 -0700

I used to bite my nails but I stopped last year

xXTaraXx
xXTaraXx wrote:
2013-07-07 18:30:51 -0700

I never bite my nails but my bro whos 18! Does
And he doesn't see why he shouldn't, that boy is so stupid sometimes!

jordzapps
jordzapps wrote:
2013-07-07 18:10:01 -0700

I swear it's bad

jordzapps
jordzapps wrote:
2013-07-07 18:09:49 -0700

wowww

jordzapps
jordzapps wrote:
2013-07-07 18:09:37 -0700

i dont bite me nails anymore

Peaches_n_cream
Peaches_n_cream wrote:
2013-07-07 18:07:26 -0700

I bite my nails and yea I'm trying to stop, but I couldn't.

Poll

Do You Bite Your Nails?

• Yeah, all the time.
  • Yeah, but I'm trying to stop.
  • Only when I can't find nail clippers.
  • No, I never bite my nails.

Do you chomp on your nails instead of reaching for the nail clippers? Find out why you need to br...
Need something fun to do at your next slumber party? Check out Fantastic Fingers, a manicure kit ...
Most people live in flip flops during the summer, but you can't bare your feet if you have callus...

Awesomeme234
Awesomeme234 posted in Style:
reply about 1 hour
MissD
MissD posted in Style:
reply about 1 hour
Moxie_Girls
Moxie_Girls posted in Style:
Is it a movie?
blakbutterfly
blakbutterfly posted in Style:
I'll say some stuff that 'girly-girls' do, and the stuff in the brackets would be things added by my best friend. Who is also very annoyingly sarcastic! -.- Paint your toes (get obsessed to them too, all of these girls are!), wear cute little dresses (don't mean huge ballgown style dresses, duh?) , or just fun-cute tops with jeans, maintain your nails (perfectly), take a lot of care about your skin, maintain it, cleanse, moisturize and exfoliate, and start doing make up. (Also, I would suggest to learn how to do a good hair flip, for some reason girly girls are like 'ERMAIGAWD' *flip hair*) Yes, my best friend is annoying but she's girly enough to be able to have a say in here. Here's a bit of advice from me, don't try to change your style because of what people might think or say, do it if you want to and if you feel comfortable with it. You are more than perfect the way you are, whether a tomboy or a girly-girl and it doesn't really matter what you are.
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen posted in Style:
Personally I think you should just find things you like and wear them without worrying about what style it fits in to. You should express yourself, not conform to other people's views/standards. :)