Comments

Dear Dish-it: I Bite My Nails

mommy's little girl asks: "My mom told me unless I stop biting my nails I won't get anything for my birthday. What should I do to stop?" Back to Article

jonasfan67
jonasfan67 wrote:
2014-07-10 15:51:55 -0700

I bite the skin around my nails, and it really is a bad decision now looking at it. My fingers are not like most peoples'. I do call them "ugly" but I'm doing my best to stop. If they hurt or I am biting for a long period of time, I'll put petroleum jelly or Chapstick on my fingers to make myself stop. It actually helps. I don't bite my fingers while the petroleum jelly is on it. My advice to you is DON'T BITE YOUR NAILS OR THE SKIN AROUND YOUR NAILS! Try your best to stop! Life will be easier!

Smiles909
Smiles909 wrote:
2014-02-26 11:31:10 -0800

Petroleum Jelly CAN be poisonous. If you get a little bit on your tounge, you're not gonna die, but if you eat half a jar that's a different story...

mustash_Swagger
mustash_Swagger wrote:
2013-10-18 17:40:19 -0700

yeah im pretty sure petrolum jelly is poisunous, thts y it would help. if u know tht then u wont bite ur nails. duuh!

stayawaystalker
stayawaystalker wrote:
2013-08-12 13:23:38 -0700

petroleum jelly?! that is poisonous!

wolfiegal
wolfiegal wrote:
2013-08-05 09:56:06 -0700

Interesting… xD

shelbsters123
shelbsters123 wrote:
2013-07-26 22:50:16 -0700

Ewww. Isnt that poisonous?

shelbsters123
shelbsters123 wrote:
2013-07-26 22:49:02 -0700

You should not even pick your nails. Your nails are nota supposed to be messed with.

shelbsters123
shelbsters123 wrote:
2013-07-26 22:45:11 -0700

You should twiddle youre thumbs around or keep your hands occupied instead oferta chewing them.

sajadel
sajadel wrote:
2013-07-26 18:04:42 -0700

okay sound intersting

xPrincessPikachux
xPrincessPikachux wrote:
2013-07-26 17:04:11 -0700

I used to bite my nails... I don't do it anymore because my nails would look ugly after biting

donnabug13
donnabug13 wrote:
2013-07-26 15:49:39 -0700

I do it alot even if they are painted

QueenTitania
QueenTitania wrote:
2013-07-26 15:47:11 -0700

paint your nails

HIBZz101
HIBZz101 wrote:
2013-07-16 13:11:42 -0700

I had this habbit when i was a kid

Denai101
Denai101 wrote:
2013-07-07 19:16:11 -0700

I been biting nails all the time when I was younger and it is not good

Lexibearr101
Lexibearr101 wrote:
2013-07-07 19:09:17 -0700

I used to bite my nails but I stopped last year

xXTaraXx
xXTaraXx wrote:
2013-07-07 18:30:51 -0700

I never bite my nails but my bro whos 18! Does
And he doesn't see why he shouldn't, that boy is so stupid sometimes!

jordzapps
jordzapps wrote:
2013-07-07 18:10:01 -0700

I swear it's bad

jordzapps
jordzapps wrote:
2013-07-07 18:09:49 -0700

wowww

jordzapps
jordzapps wrote:
2013-07-07 18:09:37 -0700

i dont bite me nails anymore

Peaches_n_cream
Peaches_n_cream wrote:
2013-07-07 18:07:26 -0700

I bite my nails and yea I'm trying to stop, but I couldn't.

Poll

Do You Bite Your Nails?

• Yeah, all the time.
  • Yeah, but I'm trying to stop.
  • Only when I can't find nail clippers.
  • No, I never bite my nails.

Do you chomp on your nails instead of reaching for the nail clippers? Find out why you need to br...
Need something fun to do at your next slumber party? Check out Fantastic Fingers, a manicure kit ...
Most people live in flip flops during the summer, but you can't bare your feet if you have callus...

Jakethewizard
Jakethewizard posted in Friends:
I really tthis cool game but others want it and took it  , what should i do
pinksaran
Ok
brunostar
helping baby sit cleaning (dishes, yards, houses, etc) washing cars  walking dogs/caring for animals pet sitting selling baked goods and drinks that's all i can think of at the moment :P
pinksaran
What summer jobs are good for 8 year olds? I'm going to get my class job. But when it's summer break. What's the best jobs to have? PS  my school is more like a second home. That's why I posted it on family issues.
american_brit
american_brit posted in Friends:
Hi Jaera!      sisihastwobunnies is right. It's perfectly fine for you to have a crush, but you're a little young for a "love life." Don't worry though! Someday, if it's meant to be (Ha ^-^) you'll find the one who's just right for you. Until then, it's great to have good guy friends -and in years to come if one of those friendships develop into something more, then props to you (:  Future advice: You have to understand that feelings aren't always mutual. You may like someone and they'll see you only as a friend -or vice versa.  THIS IS OKAY.  It may hurt, but that's just proof that you'll have to move on. Something better is ahead,  you simply haven't gotten there yet (: Having patience can be hard, but it's worth it. Good luck! -And I hoped this helped!                                    Wishing you the best,                                             american_brit ^-^