So You Think You Can Dance Season 7 :: Top 7
This week on So You Think You Can Dance, another dancer was injured. Ashley, one of the two remaining girls, couldn’t perform. But the show must go on…
Courtesy of Fox
The Top 7 Perform
- First up, Lauren and Mark brought a Tahitian cultural dance to the stage for the first time on SYTYCD. The judges loved the performance, but couldn’t critique them because they weren’t familiar with the style.
- Next Adechike and Anya performed a Salsa routine. There were a few bumps, but overall the judges liked it.
- Jose and Courtney danced Broadway. For the first time, the judges didn’t have positive feedback for Jose. His personality is his greatest strength, and the character in this choreography hid that. Instead, all his technical flaws shined through.
- Robert and Allison performed a Travis Wall contemporary piece that, according to Adam, was Emmy worthy. It was about Travis’s mother’s illness. And when choreographers put their own emotions into their work, their message speaks volumes.
- Billy and Anya dance a lively Jive. Mia called it a stellar performance. Nigel had a few critiques, but he was happy overall.
- Kent and Neil acted as baseball players in their Broadway number. The judges loved it, and Nigel even said that Kent out-danced all-star Neil!
- Lauren and Billy performed a jazz routine that was all about their shiny shoes. The judges called the routine adorable, quirky and groovy. Sometimes simplicity goes a long way.
- Jose redeemed himself during his b-boy style performance with Dominic. The judges loved seeing him dance in his own style.
- Adechike and Kent performed a strong all-male contemporary piece. The judges had more positive comments for Kent, and Nigel even said that he stands a good chance of winning this year…now that Alex is out of the way.
- Finally, Robert and Kathryn performed disco…which is way harder than it looks! The judges loved his strength and lines.
The Bottom Three
So who was sent home? Billy, Jose and Ashley landed in the bottom three. But Ashley’s injury forced her to leave the competition.