America's Got Talent Season 5 Episode 18 :: Semi-finals
The quarter finals of America’s Got Talent season 5 spanned six weeks with four rounds of real quarter finalists followed by a YouTube round and a Wild Card round. Now the top 24 contestants are fighting for a spot in the finals. This week, the first 12 battled it out.
America's Got Talent
- First up was Anna and Patryk, the 12 year old ballroom dancers. They performed a paso doble. The judges called them perfection, loving how they deliver variety every week.
- Second was Christina and Ali, the singing sisters with cystic fibrosis. The judges agreed that their voices are get stronger each week. But Howie didn’t think they were spectacular.
- Next, fire magician Antonio Restivo impressed the judges with a disappearing illusion. The judges called his act very “vegasy.”
- Future Funk, the 5 and 10 year old hip hop dancers, performed. The judges said they were cute, but not up to the calibre of Anna and Patryk.
- Taylor Matthews showed America his talents on the piano. Sharron loved how he doesn’t try to be something he’s not. Howie said Taylor was good, but he wasn’t “wowed.”
- Connor Doran picked up the tempo this week by flying his kites to Fireflies. The judges all agreed that it was the wrong song choice. The slow, emotional songs are what make his performance powerful.
- Dan Sperry didn’t measure up this week. Piers called his act the worst magic trick he’s ever seen.
- Kristina Young got three X’s from the judges, shutting down her performance mid-song. (Embarassing…uh, yeah!).
- ArcAttack dazzled the judges with their electricity act. Piers called them one of the best acts of the night.
- Michael Grimm proved to be one of Howie’s favorites this week by making a great song choice. Piers liked how he’s comfortable in his own skin.
- Ascendance lost their spark this week when they picked up the tempo just like Connor Doran. Piers said he found their act boring.
- Finally, Prince Poppycock closed the show with an amazing, theatrical performance of Bohemian Rhapsody. Sharron called him the male Lady Gaga.
The five contestants to make it into the finals were Anna and Patryk, Taylor Matthews, Michael Grimm, Prince Poppycock and by the judges vote Kristina and Ali.
- America’s Got Talent Season 5 Episode 1
- America’s Got Talent Season 5 Episode 17 :: Wild Card Round
- Becoming a Game Show Host
- Becoming a Video Game Tester