Dancing With the Stars Season 11 :: Week 1
Dancing with the Stars season 11 kicked off with a great mix of impressive, mediocre and, well, let’s just say unfortunate performances.
Dancing with the Stars Cast
Season 11’s celebrity competitors include:
- Audrina Patridge – reality show star from “The Hills”
- Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino – reality show star from “Jersey Shore”
- Brandy – singer, former sitcom star and current reality show star from “Brandy & Ray J: A Family Business”
- Bristol Palin – daughter of VP candidate Sarah Palin
- Rick Fox – NBA player
- Florence Henderson – actress from “The Brady Bunch”
- Jennifer Grey – actress from “Dirty Dancing”
- David Hasselhoff – former actor and judge on “America’s Got Talent”
- Kurt Warner – NFL Quarterback
- Michael Bolton – singer
- Kyle Massey – rapper and Disney Channel star from “Cory in the House”
- Margaret Cho – author and stand-up comedian
1st: (24 points), Jennifer and Derek took first place with their elegant Viennese Waltz.
2nd: (23 points) Brandi and Maks’s Viennese Waltz tied for second place with Kyle and Lacey’s energetic Cha Cha.
4th: (22 points) Rick and Cheryl struggled with their height difference during the rehearsals for their Viennese Waltz, but it didn’t show on stage.
5th: (19 points) Tied for fifth place was Kurt and Anna with a Viennese Waltz, and Audrina and Tony with a Cha Cha.
7th: (18 points) Another tie put Florence and Corky, along with Bristol and Mark in seventh place with both couples’ Cha Cha’s.
9th: (16 points) Michael and Chelsea glided into ninth place with a Viennese Waltz.
10th: (15 points) A three-way tie put Margaret and Louis with their comical Viennese Waltz, along with David and Kym, and The Situation and Korena (both of whom performed the Cha Cha) into last place.
While host Tom Bergeron thought the results were surprising, it was a no-brainer that David Hasselhoff and his partner Kym would be the first couple to leave the show.