Kw-logo-smaller

Alyssa Bernal Q&A

Alyssa Bernal was just your everyday, ordinary teenager until Pharrell Williams came across the singer/songwriter's YouTube videos. Since then Alyssa's been sharing her talent with everyone, but still had time to chat with us here at Kidzworld...


KW: When you first started posting videos of yourself on YouTube, what was it like having complete strangers admire your music?
Alyssa: It was really neat! It was cool to think people thought I should sing for a living. It definitely brought my level of confidence up, too. p>

KW: Did you always know that you wanted to be a musician?
Alyssa: Well I always dreamt of doing it for a living but I never thought I actually had a shot! My goals were often just having the courage to sing and play in front of a crowd.


KW: You were discovered by industry heavyweight Pharrell Williams, what was that like?
Alyssa: It's so cool! It's crazy to think that. And I couldn't be more happy with my label, Star Trak!


KW: Were you intimidated meeting him for the first time?
Alyssa: To tell you the truth, a little bit!



KW: You are set to go on tour soon with Lifehouse, are you excited? How did that happen?
Alyssa: Very! Well we had collaborated together for this duet on my album, and it just got brought up in conversation and we thought it'd be cool for me to join them on tour. So that's exactly what's gonna happen!


KW: Are you nervous or excited to see fans of yours in other cities?
Alyssa: That's probably what I'm most excited for!


KW: Do you get stage fright?
Alyssa: Yes! But I'm slowly getting over that.


KW: What was recording your album like?
Alyssa: Too much fun! It was just so easy-going, a lot like how the album sounds.


KW: What would you say is the overall feel of your first album In Love Again for the First Time? What is it about?
Alyssa: It has an easy-going feel to it. It's a blend of pop, soul, funk, and even a bit of jazz. It's about things you might be experiencing for the first time. Like love, long distance, feeling home sick. It's very naive and personal and is a reflection of myself.


KW: What was your most disheartening or difficult experience trying to get your songs heard?
Alyssa: I had a couple of disappointments along the way, cause I seemed to get stuck with dishonest people! But I know I am in good hands now!


KW: Do you have any advice for any other young performers and artists trying to catch a break?
Alyssa: Yes! I'd tell them not to care about what people will say/think. If you think you have talent, don't waste it because God gave you that gift for a reason! And don't wait to share it cause you'll regret it. Much like myself, ha!


KW: Let's hear about some of your faves...

    1. Fave band: Keane
    2. Fave actor: If I had to choose, it'd be Ryan Reynolds
    3. Fave food: Sushi
    4. Fave book: Go Ask Alice
    5. Fave movie: Practical Magic

    Related Stories
    >
    >

    readers voted!

    Comments

    Lexa4568_1678296
    I love her song! :)
    commented: Sat Jan 08, 2011

    sign12

    sign12 wrote:

    THAT IS GOOD COMMENT
    commented: Wed Nov 24, 2010

    sign12

    sign12 wrote:

    I THINK THE IS A GOOD SONG THAT SHE HAD MADE DON'T HATE ON HER BECAUSE I LIKE HER SONG ...
    commented: Wed Nov 24, 2010

    there are 3 more comments

    Please login or register to add comments

    share with your friends


    Twitter Facebook Myspace Digg


    like this article?
    Sign up now to get more just like!

    latest videos

    F1015985088890

    Best Artist to Groove to? Vote!

    • Kylie, duh!
    • Madonna's the queen!
    • Janet Jackson makes me move.
    • Mariah is on fire!

    related stories

    Micro_jess_micro
    From a starring role in a school Christmas play to performing with Justin Bieber to thousands of ...
    Many a fan will be full of “glee” to hear that season one of their fave TV show is now available ...
    Both Coldplay and N.E.R.D. have something to prove on their new albums, and neither disapp...

    Entertainment in the forums

    MoonlightEyes
    MoonlightEyes posted in Movies:
    I haven't read any of the books or seen the previous movie so sadly, not particularly.
    reply about 1 hour
    InternetOwl
    InternetOwl posted in Movies:
    Brave, but only because there was no love interest and it wasn't a musical.
    reply about 8 hours
    american_brit
    american_brit posted in Movies:
    "LAZY778" wrote: "american_brit" wrote: "LAZY778" wrote: Brave; because she didn't need a man to save her. It was about a mother daughter bond. And I love that. In tangled it was a love story. In the end Rapunzel and the guy fall in love. But in Brave she didn't need a man to be happy. She was the strong one not a prince. She was smart and confident. I love that. So even though Tangled was really funny i will always pick Brave. That's a really good point ^-^ I still like Tangled better. The plot made more sense and was better written (in my opinion though) I thought the humor was better as well; definitely a lot less crude! Also, the lack of songs in Brave bummed me out... it is a Disney Princess Movie :/ (Don't argue that it's Pixar!) Wait you think because it's a Disney movie there has to be singing!? Really that's dumb. Ok that Iis just my opinion. But really that's dumb.  No, that's not what I think. They're are plenty of Disney movies without singing. I just would appreciate that aspect -especially in a Disney Princess movie, but it's okay. 
    reply about 8 hours
    XxIHateMathxX
    XxIHateMathxX posted in Movies:
    Brave of course. In Tangled there's way too much singing. And Merida didn't need a guy to save her so ...
    reply about 8 hours
    LAZY778
    LAZY778 posted in Movies:
    "american_brit" wrote: "LAZY778" wrote: Brave; because she didn't need a man to save her. It was about a mother daughter bond. And I love that. In tangled it was a love story. In the end Rapunzel and the guy fall in love. But in Brave she didn't need a man to be happy. She was the strong one not a prince. She was smart and confident. I love that. So even though Tangled was really funny i will always pick Brave. That's a really good point ^-^ I still like Tangled better. The plot made more sense and was better written (in my opinion though) I thought the humor was better as well; definitely a lot less crude! Also, the lack of songs in Brave bummed me out... it is a Disney Princess Movie :/ (Don't argue that it's Pixar!) Wait you think because it's a Disney movie there has to be singing!? Really that's dumb. Ok that Iis just my opinion. But really that's dumb. 
    reply about 9 hours

    play online games

    Candy-100

    A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

    1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

    Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

    157262_(2)

    When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

    100x100_ra_logo_girl

    Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

    _thumb_100x100

    Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...