Cymphonique Miller Q&A
Cymphonique Miller aka Lil Miss Swagger is one of our fave triple threats! We recently got to ask her about her slammin’ sound, cool career, famous family, charitable foundation, new clothing line (for a good cause) and more! Check her answers below!
Kidzworld: Hi Cymphonique! How old are you now?
- Cymphonique: 14 :)
Kidzworld: We love your name – it’s so unique! Can you tell us about it?
- Cymphonique: It derives from “symphony,” like music.
Kidzworld: When did you first know that you wanted to act and sing?
- Cymphonique: Well I've been singing and making up my own songs since I was 2 years old.
Kidzworld: What’s it like having a famous dad and brother?
- Cymphonique: To me, I just see them as my dad and my brother but since they're in the entertainment business I'm doubly blessed because they've been successful in this business so they give me great advice and support.
Kidzworld: Besides being super talented, we hear you get good grades, too! How do you juggle school and work?
- Cymphonique: Education always comes first in our family so my parents don't let me do my extra activities until I've finished my school work. I just have to be disciplined and prioritize my time.
Kidzworld: Your schedule seems super busy – do you ever get any down time and what do you like to do to relax?
- Cymphonique: Aside from school, I have plenty of down time especially on the weekends. We have family time, we'll exercise together, play basketball, go swimming, go to the beach or we'll eat out, go shopping and go to the movies. Even when I'm filming, recording, or performing, I get a lot of down time. Since I'm a kid, I'm only allowed to work a certain amount of hours a day. And whenever I do get to “work” I'm always having fun because it's what I love to do!
Kidzworld: Why did you decide to start your Fabulous Girls charity?
- Cymphonique: I made a friend with a 3-year-old beautiful little girl who lost her life to cancer. It was so sad to see someone so young, die before they got a chance to live. So I wanted to help prevent that from happening to other children.
Kidzworld: You just launched your clothing line, BYOU. Can you tell us a bit about it?
- Cymphonique: BYOU stands for "Be Your Own You." It's an apparel line that's not only cute and stylish but empowers girls to be their true selves, follow their dreams and not worry about what people think of them. It's also about not being afraid to be educated, independent and knowing that real beauty is on the inside. I believe that every girl has the right to be happy and feel confident about being themselves. BYOU is definitely not just an apparel line... it's a movement.
Kidzworld: Bullying is an important issue these days – what do you think about it and what can kids do to help stop bullying?
- Cymphonique: Well, we have to try to be understanding that a lot of times kids bully because they've been bullied or have insecurities themselves. And if you are being bullied, you really should talk to your parents, teachers, or counselors to get help.
Kidzworld: How do you stay connected to your fans?
- Cymphonique: Besides touring and performing, the Internet is a great tool I can connect directly with my fans. I communicate with my fans through my own site www.ClubCymphonique.com, www.BeYourOwnYou.com and Twitter
Kidzworld: What’s your best piece of advice to kids who want to become musicians or actors?
- Cymphonique: Be absolutely sure that this is what you really want to do. You'll only be truly happy if you're doing something you're passionate about. And practice, practice, practice because practice really does make perfect and hard work pays off!
Kidzworld: Quick! Let’s play favorites:
- Favorite color: Gold
- Favorite pet: Dog
- Favorite band: Black Eyed Peas
- Favorite TV show: Glee
- Favorite movie: Avatar
- Favorite book: Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyers
- Favorite video game: Trivia
- Favorite sport: Kickboxing
- Favorite season: SUMMER!!!
- Favorite snack: Froyo (frozen yogurt topped with, strawberries, Oreos and mochi)