Pint sized rapper MattyB only just turned 8 years old but is already being called the next “Bieber”! Learn more about how Atlanta, Georgia’s MattyB became a You Tube rapping sensation before his eighth birthday on Kidzworld!
MattyB first became interested in >hip hop music at the age of five. He said that he was drawn to the beats and right away wanted to take dance lessons! When his cousin Mars, a 19-year-old rapper, moved in with his family, he listened to Mars’ music and rapped his lyrics to him. Matty pestered his cousin to help him write a rap and make a video so they finally did it. In it’s first week on YouTube, MattyB’s rap video “Eenie Meenie” had over 500,000 views and made the front page!
MattyB working rapper style
MattyB recording a rap
He’s covered hits by stars like Willow Smith, Ke$ha, Rihanna and Justin Bieber. He even rapped “Like a G6”, complete with a music video where he wore purple shades, a leather jacket and danced around in front of a fancy car! He wrote his own lyrics to Ke$ha’s song “We R Who We R” and even made a music video making fun of Willow Smith’s “Whip My Hair” song! Funnily enough, Justin Bieber was also discovered on YouTube! Check him out!
His mom says he’s still to young to tour or make a record but he’s definitely going to keep making videos for his popular YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/MattyBRaps). He has almost 200,000 subscribers to his channel and has over 4 million hits to each of his songs - not bad for someone who hasn’t even hit the fifth grade yet! He’s taking voice lessons, acting and dancing lessons at the moment so keep your eyes peeled for MattyB on MTV!
- He’s taking voice lessons from the same voice coach that taught Justin Bieber and Usher!He has two brothers - Joshua, who loves to draw and paint and Blake, who’s a drummer!
- When asked on his YouTube channel by a fan if he’d rather have $1 million dollar or a girlfriend, he said he said girflriend!
- His family has a music recording studio right in their house!
- He’s a big fan of Michael Jackson!
- His manager/producer is Blake - his dad.