53rd Grammy Awards 2011 Winners
Lady Antebellum trumped the competition, taking away more awards than any other band at the 53th Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 13th.
Performances at the Grammy's
Some of the greatest artists from the 21st century (and the 20th century!) came together to perform the biggest hits from this year and the years gone by. We saw today’s biggest pop stars, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga; the world’s teen heartthrob, Justin Bieber; a legendary rock star, Mick Jagger; country cutie, Miranda Lambert; and amazing duets from Rihanna and Eminem, and Cee Lo Green, Gwyneth Paltrow and some colourful Muppets...and so much more!
The show opened with a tribute to Aretha Franklin performed by five powerful female artists: Jennifer Hudson, Christina Aguilera, Yolanda Adams, Martina McBride, and Florence Welch.
Grammy Award Winners
Here is a list of the lucky Grammy winners (as seen on the show. We can’t list all 109 winners!)!
- Best Female Country Vocal Performance: The House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert
- Best Rock Album: The Resistance by Muse
- Best Pop Vocal Album: The Fame Monster by Lady Gaga
- Best Country Album: Need to Know by Lady Antebellum
- Song of the Year: Need to Know by Lady Antebellum
- Best New Artist: Esperanza Spalding
- Best Rap Album: Recovery by Eminem
- Record of the Year: Need to Know by Lady Antebellum
- Album of the Year: The Suburbs by Arcade Fire
- Fashion Police: Costume Institute Gala 2010
- Fashion Police: Grammy Awards 2010
- Fashion Police: Golden Globe Awards 2010