March Madness Preview
March Madness is upon us. Over 300 NCAA college basketball teams are racing to the finish line right now trying to get into the 2011 Final Four Tournament. Let’s preview the top ranked teams that could be Final Four bound.
Number 1 News
The No. 1 team in America is very uncertain. Because most of these colleges don’t even play each other, it’s really hard to determine who is the best. The teams are ranked by stats and judged by a committee. Here are the best teams that are flip flopping in and out of the #1 position:
- Ohio State
Kidzworld’s #1 basketball team is the Ohio State Buckeyes. They have the best record and their only 2 losses were on the road against teams undefeated at home. Jared Sullinger is a guaranteed lock for the freshman of the year award, so the Buckeyes might be at the very beginning of 4 years of Final Four expectations.
Xavier Musketeers are this year’s Cinderella team thanks in large part to the brilliant guard play of Tu Holloway. Xavier is on a big winning streak and with momentum they could knock out any #1 team.
Big East Big Contenders
The conference championship to watch before the Final Four tournament is the Big East. Of course the winner of this tourney automatically gets into the Final Four tourney, but 10 other teams “on the bubble” will probably make it into the 67 team Final Four tourney… they will make it based on the NCAA committee selection based on stats.
March Madness Schedule
If you are interested on getting into the March Madness action, here are some key dates:
- 30 Conference Championship games March 6-13 (Each championship final winner is guaranteed a spot in Final Four tourney)
- Selection Sunday March 13 (1 hour after the last Conference Championship game, this is where the 67 team bracket is made)
- Round 1 – March 15-16 (Dayton, Ohio)
- Round 2, 3 – March 17-20
- Sweet Sixteen – March 24-26
- Elite Eight – March 25-27
- Final Four – April 2nd
- Final – Aprl 4th
- The 2010 Final Four Championship
- Top 10 Final Four Players
- What Athletes Say About Fans
- The Greatest Sports Hecklers