Q&A with Morgan Pepper from Hellcats!
You may know him as the geeky but adorable pre-law student Morgan Pepper on the CW’s hit cheer leading show Hellcats, but comedian and actor Craig Anderson dished to us about his life and what it’s really like behind the bleachers, sorry, scenes, at the show! Find out more about Craig Anderson!
Morgan Pepper adds a little comic 'spice' to Hellcats!
Kidzworld: How old are you? Where were you born/where do you live?
- Craig: I’m 28 , was born in Calgary and now I’m living in Vancouver, B.C.
Kidzworld: How did you know you wanted to be an actor?
- Craig: I didn't for a long time. I remember when I was growing up, my parents always wanted me to take drama, but I was never into it. I wanted to be a filmmaker, and eventually writing movies led to writing comedy, and then performing comedy. Once I got the first taste of performing I knew it was for me.
Kidzworld: Were you surprised when you got the role of Morgan Pepper?
- Craig: I knew I was a good fit for the part, but when I found out for sure it was a pretty crazy moment. Also, I was on a boat at the time, which made it even cooler.
Kidzworld: We hear you perform live comedy, do you think you bring some of that to the show?
- Craig: It’s a different kind of comedy, but everything I've learned from live comedy definitely influences the way I do it on screen. And it helps that Morgan's lines are usually really funny.
Kidzworld: We’re big fans of Aly Michalka at Kidzworld, what’s it like to work with her?
- Craig: She's great! She's really driven, but not in a stuffy way. We have a lot of fun with our scenes, and usually end up adlibbing something funny.
Kidzworld: Do you think you and Morgan Pepper are similar, or is the character really different from you?
- Craig: We're similar in ways. The way Morgan behaves to most people is the way I behave to my sister when I want to annoy her. I hope I'm not like that all the time. Am I?
Kidzworld: What is the most fun thing about working on Hellcats?
- Craig: Performing. The vibe all season has been really positive, I'm always encouraged to have fun with Morgan so I do.
Kidzworld: Has being on the show changed your life at all?
- Craig: Its opened some doors for me acting-wise, which has been awesome. Also now I can buy fancier shirts.
Kidzworld: What is something most people don’t know about you?
- Craig: I'm building a model ship in my living room. Its harder than I thought it would be.
Kidzworld: What do you like to do with your free time?
- Craig: Procrastinate about working on my model ship.
Kidzworld: What has been your most embarrassing moment on set so far?
- Craig: Nothing too crazy. I'm kind of a sweaty dude, so I usually have to carry around a tiny fan so I don’t ruin my makeup. I just think that’s kind of awesome though.
Kidzworld: What are you hoping will happen with your character?
- Craig: I want to do a crazy cheerleading stunt, like in some crazy dream sequence or something. There's so many situations that I think would be hilarious for Morgan. Also he should get more girls.
Kidzworld: Do you have any projects coming up we should know about? Where should we look for you?
- Craig: Keep watching Hellcats, there’s lots more to come, and I'm always doing lots of live comedy in Vancouver. You can hear the podcast I do with my comedy group on Itunes. It’s called "The Sunday Service Presents: A Beautiful Podcast"
Kidzworld: In an ideal world, which actor would you like to work with most in the future?
Craig: I'd really love to work on a comedy with an accomplished dramatic actor who's also funny. Like Brian Cox, or George Clooney, or John Hamm.
Or If I could travel back in time I would want to be in the X files.
- Band: tie between Drake and Billy Joel
- Food: Izakaya (Japanese)
- Sport: Baseball
- Colour: Blue is for Boys.
- Movie: Caddyshack
Here’s a promo of Hellcats just in case you're not already "cheering" for this show!Take a peek...