You might recognize Kelli from Bravo’s hit reality show NYC Prep, but what you might not know is that even before the show she had a love of singing and was dedicated to pursuing music, and she just wants to make people dance with her catchy pop sound. Find out more about former reality show star and emerging pop singer Kelli in this Q&A!
Kidzworld: How would you describe your music?
- Kelli: A flourishing infusion of electro/pop-rock.
Kidzworld: How did you discover that you liked singing?
- Kelli: My sister began to sing and I wanted to do whatever she was doing.
Kidzworld: Your First Single, Gave Up on Love, is out April 12th—What is the song about?
- Kelli: The single is about appreciating the people in your life that bring you love and letting go of those who don't.
Kidzworld: you plan on touring, and if so, do you look forward to it?
- Kelli: I'm dying, itching, squirming, to tour. Yes, I look forward to it!!!!
Kidzworld: What has been your most nerve-wracking performance experience so far?
- Kelli: Usually performing in front of my family.
Kidzworld: You were on Bravo’s hit reality show NYC Prep, What was the best part of that experience?
- Kelli: Post-show, I met a lot of incredible people that have guided me so far in my singing career.
Kidzworld: Do people recognize you on the street from having been on TV?
- Kelli: Sometimes..and the people you least expect to watch the show are the ones who recognize me.
Kidzworld: What is something that most people don’t know about you?
- Kelli: I love tofu
Kidzworld: What are some of your hobbies/interests?
- Kelli: performing, writing, dancing, fashion, photography
Kidzworld: Which other artists do you dream of working with in the future?
- Kelli: Some artists I've dreamt working with are U2, Elton John, The Rolling Stones, Bright Eyes, Neil Young.
Kidzworld: Would you consider acting or being on television again?
- Kelli: No more tv for me! I'm committed to music and performing and loving it.
What Is Your Fave...
- Book: The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- Movie: Funny Girl
- Designer: Me
- Food: Food is my favorite
Kelli’s single officially drops April 12th, but Gave Me Love is already making waves (on the dance floor of course) and Kelli wants everyone to know that her upcoming album is all about being yourself. Listen Below!