Zachary Gordon Talks “Rodrick Rules” and More!
We got some cool Q and A with cute, 13-year-old Zachary Gordon, star (as Greg) of Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules now out on Blu-Ray and DVD for your summer home viewing pleasure.
Zachary Gordon as "Greg" and Robert Capron as "Rowley."
Greg and his older brother Rodrick inspect the damage after a wild party
Kidzworld: Do you have any brothers? If so, what is your relationship like with them?
- Zach Gordon: I have 2 older brothers who are somewhat similar to Rodrick. We mess around a lot, but always have each other’s backs.
Kidzworld: You’ve done a lot of voice/over work for animated films. Which was the most fun voice to do and why?
- Zach: One of my favorite voiceovers was for a Nick Jr. show called “Bubble Guppies” in which I voiced the role of Gil, the guppy. It began airing this past February, but I worked on it for 4 years.
Kidzworld: Do you and your big bro in the movie Devon (Bostick) hang out between scenes or off set? Buddies?
- Zach: Devon and I are like brothers on and off set. We have lots of fun and love to prank each other.
Kidzworld: Greg’s mom gives him “Mom bucks” as an incentive to behave. Did you or do you get anything like that from your mom or dad?
- Zach: I don’t get Mom bucks, but I do get computer time. I love to play on the computer, but have to earn the time as I forget myself when I am on it.
Kidzworld: Are you homeschooled or can you relate to Greg’s struggles to fit into middle school?
- Zach: I attend a public school when I am not on set, but do not have similar struggles to Greg.
Kidzworld: Can you actually roller skate? I’m an adult and roller rinks were big back in my day. Are they actually back and popular as far as you know?
- Zach: I learned to roller skate for the movie last summer before we had to film. I really enjoy it, but it is not as popular these days and there isn’t a rink close to my home. It closed after they taught me to skate. Hmmmm???
Kidzworld: Greg is having trouble going up to a girl. Do you have a pick-up line or what do you usually say to attractive girls that you would like to get to know?
- Zach: I’m not quite there yet. I’m more focused on sports and getting together with my friends for a good game of basketball.
Kidzworld: If there was a YouTube video of your mom dancing, would you be embarrassed?
- Zach: Absolutely, I would pretend that I never saw her in my life!
Kidzworld: Have you posted a video on YouTube and, if so, what was it?
- Zach: I have not posted anything yet, but might in the future.
Kidzworld: Do you and your pals watch scary movies at home? What is the best one so far if you do? I’m sure The Foot wouldn’t scare you.
- Zach: No, scary movies really freak me out even when I know they are fake.
- The Footwas really funny, not scary at all.
Kidzworld: If you had to be in a talent show, other than acting, what would you do as your “talent”?
- Zach: I would break dance. I LOVE to dance.
Kidzworld: Rodrick gives Greg advice. What is the worst advice you ever got?
Zach: The early bird gets the worm, because now that I am officially a teenager, I really need my sleep.Box Art
Kidzworld: Did you ever have the “I’m at school in my underwear” dream? What would be the most embarrassing moment ever for you?
- Zach: No, I had the dream that I was on the big screen in my underwear and it really came true! I don’t really embarrass easily.
Kidzworld: If there is another movie, what do you really hope the writers will create for Greg to do that he hasn’t gotten to yet?
- Zach: I would love for Greg to be a SUPER HERO!!!
Kidzworld: Why will kids and teens really get into Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules?
- Zach: Kids who are already in middle school will really relate to the crazy situations that happen and teens will be able to relive their (recent) past.
By: Lynn Barker