So You Think You Can Dance: Season 8, Episode 16 :: Top 10
On So You Think You Can Dance Season 8, the Top 10 dancers have split from their partners and joined the first round of all-stars! Episode 16 aired on July 20, 2011. Check out the full recap of the show right here on Kidzworld!
Neil Patrick Harris (better known as Barney on How I Met Your Mother) joined Mary Murphy and Nigel Lythgoe on the judges panel this week. And unlike most guest judges, Neil kept it real by delivering honest - and sometimes harsh - feedback.
The Season 8 Top 10 All-Stars
The Top 5 girls and Top 5 guys each joined an all-star dancer from previous So You Think You Can Dance seasons. Here are the pairings:
- Marko with all-star Chelsie Hightower for a Samba routine
- Jordan with all-star Brandon Bryant for a Contemporary routine
- Tadd with all-star Comfort Fedoke for a Hip Hop routine
- Mitchell with all-star Melody Lacayanga for a Broadway routine
- Caitlynn with all-star Pasha Kovalev for an Argentine Tango routine
- Sasha with all-star Stephen “Twitch” Boss for a Hip Hop routine
- Jess with all-star Kathryn McCormick for a Contemporary routine
- Melanie with all-star Pasha Kovalev for a Viennese Waltz routine
- Ricky with all-star Allison Holker for a Jazz routine
- Clarice with Robert Roldan for a Bollywood routine
Season 8 has had more talent and standout performances than in any other season, making it hard to determine who performed the best this week. Sasha really shined in her Hip Hop routine with Twitch. Mary Murphy said it was the first time she’d seen Sasha have chemistry with her partner. Clarice also excelled with her partner - Bollywood-master Robert.
As always, Melanie showed the grace and beauty that defines her dancing. Mary couldn't believe the ease in her transitions during her Viennese Waltz. Neil Patrick Harris believes she’s the dancer to beat. Her former partner Marko was also showered with compliments by Neil. We wouldn’t be surprised - in fact, we hope! - to see Melanie and Marko in the finale.