Kw-logo-holiday

2012 End of the World Prophecies

If the "2012 End of the World" nonsense is freaking you out (i.e., you're thinking of building a fort in your basement with a year’s supplies of Twinkies and Dr. Pip, just in case) ... here are some good reasons why you don't need to panic! These “End of the World” Prophecies happen all the time ... usually because some people are trying to make a quick buck.

Y2K Koo Koo

It wasn’t too long ago when a theory called "Y2K" was predicting a doomsday that computers would all malfunction, causing the world as we know it to crumble to the ground when the clock hit midnight on the first day of the year 2000. In 1999 on New Year’s Eve, thousands of people prepared themselves for the end of the world by hiding in their basements. Newspaper headlines boasted that the ancient philosopher Nostradamus had predicted that black clouds would descend upon us and wipe out everything. Well ... nothing happened.

The weird thing is that all the end of the world theories had an excuse. “Oh sorry, we mixed up the numbers.”

Meltdown Money Makers

Lots of people think that, when it comes to the 2012 End of the World theory, people are only saying this stuff because they are making (or wanting to make) money through movies, books, selling bomb shelters ... unfortunately, a lot of people buy all this nonsense. So every 10 years or so, when the embarrassment of the last false end of the world prediction has died down, a new theory pops up.

The Real Facts

Polluted PlanetCourtesy of Healthnhealthy.com

Pollution is causing the Earth to become a very hard place to live for humans, animals and plants (stop driving cars!). Our Earth is slowly losing natural resources like water and oil because of too much human consumption and other factors. By learning about these real facts, you can take the world’s life into your own hands and try to prevent anything bad from happening to it. Be a leader!!! Don’t be scared of these “End of the World” rumors because they are as silly as hocus-pocus.

Related Stories
>

readers voted!

Comments

Mrawsomegamer

Mrawsomegamer wrote:

They are now saying that the world will end in 2036 Because a meteor is suppose to come close to earth.
commented: Tue Feb 26, 2013

james537

james537 wrote:

if people dont pollute the world will actually end
commented: Mon Feb 25, 2013

joycelyn2002

joycelyn2002 wrote:

which idiot said that ?????
commented: Fri Jan 04, 2013

there are 1381 more comments

Please login or register to add comments


like this article?
Sign up now to get more just like it!

latest videos

F1158881895062

When Did World War I End?

  • July 14, 1914.
  • December 25, 1916.
  • September 10, 1912.
  • November 11, 1918.

related stories

Micro_global-warming-micrp
People are seeing change all over the world. Arctic sea ice is melting earlier and forming later....
Micro_earth day_micro
Most of us have good intentions when it comes to the environment. But when Earth Day comes around...
As a kid living in America, what do you think are the most important things President Obama shoul...

Random in the forums

shae508
Twisted visions. Dirty lies. No one knows the truth. That lies deep inside. The pain you hide. All day and night. It burns you. Hurts you.  Slowly, Killing you. You hide it best you can. Smile and say it's okay. But really. It's another lie. Another smudge. Inside your mind. You smile though. Keeping hope. But every day. Second by second. It goes away. And at night. There is only despair. Tearing out your hair. You scream at yourself. Why?! Why are you this way?! But when morning comes. You will wash away. All the tears. And all the pain. The lies are dirty. But the truth is dirtier.
reply 1 minute
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Debating:
"Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "Aleisha14" wrote: No your not understanding my point, this is a response to a reply i got, i believe in the death penalty being brought to Scotland as people pay taxes which increase so we can keep killers in our country, wouldn't it be better to give them the same fate as they forced onto an innocent person. In my opinion the death penalty should be brought to my country  Studies show that it costs more to execute prisoners than it does to imprison them for life. It does not save money to kill prisoners, but even if it did, are we really going to reduce the value of a human life to that level? Something we cut to save tax money?  If you want to sink to the level of the killer, sure, or we could take the high road and lead by example by not killing people.   The fraughtness....
reply 33 minutes
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"Aleisha14" wrote:No your not understanding my point, this is a response to a reply i got, i believe in the death penalty being brought to Scotland as people pay taxes which increase so we can keep killers in our country, wouldn't it be better to give them the same fate as they forced onto an innocent person.In my opinion the death penalty should be brought to my country  Studies show that it costs more to execute prisoners than it does to imprison them for life. It does not save money to kill prisoners, but even if it did, are we really going to reduce the value of a human life to that level? Something we cut to save tax money?  If you want to sink to the level of the killer, sure, or we could take the high road and lead by example by not killing people.  
reply 37 minutes
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Debating:
"Aleisha14" wrote: No your not understanding my point, this is a response to a reply i got, i believe in the death penalty being brought to Scotland as people pay taxes which increase so we can keep killers in our country, wouldn't it be better to give them the same fate as they forced onto an innocent person. In my opinion the death penalty should be brought to my country  What makes a murderer any more deserving of death on the basis of taxes...than anyone else in prison? I mean your point is fraught with worse problems, but I'm hoping this can be the most relatable.
reply about 1 hour
Aleisha14
Aleisha14 posted in Debating:
No your not understanding my point, this is a response to a reply i got, i believe in the death penalty being brought to Scotland as people pay taxes which increase so we can keep killers in our country, wouldn't it be better to give them the same fate as they forced onto an innocent person. In my opinion the death penalty should be brought to my country 
reply about 1 hour

play online games

Hour-of-code-tumb

Codey the troll is lost! Help him avoid obstacles and get back into the computer...

Candy-quest-feature

Your troll is lost! Help it avoid obstacles and get back into the computer.

Fo...

Dragon-dash

Your dragon must return to guard the treasure! Help it gather lost coins and avo...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properties to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be r...

1005_cc_kidz_100x100_vlh

Candy's got her candies into a terrible mess, can you help her to sort them out?

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

_thumb_100x100

Bloons 2 is here! A worthy and awesome sequel at last to our original Bloons gam...

Frostbox_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...