PROM Blu-Ray + DVD Review
Prom – some of us dream of it, others dread it. Either way, Disney’s releasing its movie, PROM, on DVD and Blu-Ray on August 30 – and you are all invited! So get your gown on, do up your tux and join us as we review Disney’s PROM!
Basically, PROM is a set of stories about different students at the same high school, as they get ready to attend their prom. The stories all sort of revolve around a character named Nova (played by Aimee Teegarden), who is class president and head of the prom committee for her high school.
Courtesy of Disney
Some of the other characters at the school include:
- Brandon, the hunky guy who Nova hopes will be her date to the big dance
- Lloyd, who stresses about not having a date to the prom and considers asking his own sister to go with him
- Tyler, whose girlfriend, Jordan, is mad because she thinks he is cheating on her
- Jesse (played by Thomas McDonell), the “bad boy” who’s been skipping class an awful lot lately and riding his motorcycle on school grounds
- Mei, Nova’s friend who finds out she’s been accepted into Parsons
- Justin, Mei’s boyfriend who is upset because he thinks he and Mei won’t be going to the same college after graduation (Justin has been accepted into the University of Michigan)
- Lucas, a sophomore with a crush on Simone, his lab partner
Nova and the rest of the prom committee work really hard to make the perfect decoration for the prom and store them in the school shed. But when Tyler takes Jordan to the shed, which he’s decorated with dozens of candles, to ask her to prom, they set the structure on fire and the decorations are destroyed. When Nova asks her friends to help her remake the decorations, they all say no. As a result, Principal Dunn makes Jesse help Nova out, to punish him for missing class. Neither is happy about this … until a relationship develops that surprises them both!
Courtesy of Disney
Find out who took who to prom and whether everyone had a good time by watching the movie when it comes out on Blu-Ray + DVD on August 30!
- Putting on Prom: Making of featurette
Have Your Say
Have any thoughts on going to your own prom? Let us know by leaving a comment below!