Kw-logo-smaller

Disney’s PROM: The Friendship File

Aug 26, 2011

Making friends and keeping them is challenging! The cast from Disney's PROM, releasing August 30 on Blu-ray and DVD, sound-off on how to deal with every day issues like making new friends, gossip and shyness in The Friendship File … Check it out right here on Kidzworld!

FRIENDSHIP DILEMMA ONE: WHAT MAKES A GOOD FRIEND?

Nolan Sotillo says: “A good friend is someone who is totally honest and truthful with you. A good friend is also always willing to listen because sometimes you need to vent. At times it can be tough to find a good friend, but once you’ve found one – don’t let him or her go!”

FRIENDSHIP DILEMMA TWO: CAN GIRLS AND GUYS BE FRIENDS?

Danielle Campbell says: “There are people out there who say that guys and girls can’t just be friends, but I totally disagree with that. My closest friends are five guys and one girl – and we are a great group of friends. I trust them with everything, and I’ll never let anybody tell me that they’re not my friends just because they are guys. That’s nonsense!”

FRIENDSHIP DILEMMA THREE: HOW CAN YOU TELL IF A FRIEND IS GENUINE?

Thomas McDonell says: “When it comes to finding true friends, it’s really important to trust your gut instinct. It took me a while to figure that out as I grew up, but I think it’s an important lesson that everyone learns at some point. Trust your instincts!”

FRIENDSHIP DILEMMA FOUR: WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE GOSSIP?

Janelle Ortiz says: “I think the best way to deal with gossip at school is to stay true to yourself.. Don’t let it bother you, and get on with your life. Stay true to yourself and forget about what they say.”

FRIENDSHIP DILEMMA FIVE: WHAT’S THE EASIEST WAY TO MAKE FRIENDS AT SCHOOL?

Nolan Sotillo says: “If you’re having trouble making friends at school, don’t force yourself upon anybody – but be willing to reach out and start conversations with people. Another good tip is to try joining after school clubs that interest you in the hope of making friends there. It doesn’t matter if it’s a sports club or a drama club. Do something that you find fun, and then you’ll have something in common with the other people around you.”

FRIENDSHIP DILEMMA SIX: HOW SHOULD YOU DEAL WITH MEAN PEOPLE?

Aimee Teegarden says: “You have to learn to let things roll off your back. Don’t take anything personally. A lot of the time people whosay mean things have their own insecurities going on.. Just ignore them and get on with your life.”

FRIENDSHIP DILEMMA SEVEN: WHAT’S THE BEST WAY MAKE FRIENDS WHEN YOU MOVE SCHOOLS?

Danielle Campbell says: “I go to a public school in Chicago and I’m very lucky because I’ve got a lot of great friends – but it’s not always been easy. My freshman year was really tough because I came in halfway through the year. Everyone had already made friends and I had to start over by myself. I tried my hardest to be friendly with everyone, but I was always myself and I think that’s the key to finding friends. I never pretended to be anyone else. Stay true to yourself because people will see through it if you put on an act.”

FRIENDSHIP DILEMMA EIGHT: WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU DON’T HAVE A PROM DATE?

Janelle Ortiz says: “Prom dates can be a big stress, but an easy way to beat that is to go with your friends. I have been to prom with my good friends before. We make a day of it. We get our hair done together, and then we do our makeup as a group. It’s fun to get ready together and it’s fun to party the night away with everyone without having the hassle of dates. You don’t have to worry about things like, ‘Will he like what I’m wearing?’ Or, ‘What are we going to talk about all night?’ It’s much easier that way!”

FRIENDSHIP DILEMMA NINE: WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO BEAT SHYNESS?

Nolan Sotillo says: “I was pretty shy when I was younger, and it wasn’t always easy for me to break out of my shell. If you’re in a similar position, it’s really important to find the courage to speak up. Find a connection with the people around you and say something to break the ice. Find your voice and work at it. You’ll sort it out if you try hard.”

FRIENDSHIP DILEMMA TEN: DO BEST FRIENDS EVER ARGUE?

Aimee Teegarden says: “Some people say that best friends never argue, but I disagree. Just because you don’t share the same opinions as your friend doesn’t mean that you don’t care about each other. Sometimes arguments can actually bring you closer together. If you have a fight with your best friend, don’t let it finish the friendship. Calm down and then make steps to sort out your differences.”

PROM is available on Blu-ray and DVD on August 30!

Related stories
>
>

readers voted!

Comments

miss florida

miss florida wrote:

I watchd it. It was kul.
commented: Tue Aug 30, 2011

hannahlms

hannahlms wrote:

i didnt watch this
commented: Mon Aug 29, 2011

Molly177

Molly177 wrote:

i love it! i want to be prom queen! ♥
commented: Mon Aug 29, 2011

there are 13 more comments

Please login or register to add comments

share with your friends


Twitter Facebook Myspace Digg


like this article?
Sign up now to get more just like!

latest videos

F1116009265812

How Often Do You Gossip?

  • Every second of the day.
  • Only when I hear something really juicy.
  • I try not to gossip about people cuz it's mean.
  • Never - I know how to keep my mouth shut.

related stories

Micro_ateegarden-micro
Actress Aimee Teegarden talks fashion and beauty in this exclusive interview to promote the new D...
Micro_prom_micro
Prom – some of us dream of it, others dread it. Either way, Disney’s releasing its movie, PROM, o...
Micro_nolan sotillo-micro
Nolan Sotillo starred in Disney’s hit teen drama Prom as the loveable and love-struck soccer-star...

Entertainment in the forums

unicorngirl43
Yo mama so ugly the minecraft creepers run away from her!                                                     
reply 32 minutes
blakbutterfly
blakbutterfly posted in Celebs:
"Cutiebee12" wrote:Did they show their daughter? Kim or Beyonce? Beyonce did, a while back and there's also a magazine article thing about them as a family, I don't remember which one exactly. And as for Kim, she ADVERTISES her daughter.
reply about 6 hours
Cutiebee12
Cutiebee12 posted in Celebs:
"blakbutterfly" wrote:I don't know WHY they should.They are a great couple and every marriage has up and downs. And its not the two of them should think of, they do have a daughter and they should also think about them. Despite whats' on media constantly, I do ship them as a couple.Sooo better than Kim K and Kanye Did they show their daughter?
reply about 6 hours
blakbutterfly
blakbutterfly posted in Celebs:
I don't know WHY they should. They are a great couple and every marriage has up and downs. And its not the two of them should think of, they do have a daughter and they should also think about them. Despite whats' on media constantly, I do ship them as a couple. Sooo better than Kim K and Kanye
reply about 7 hours
Cutiebee12
Cutiebee12 posted in Celebs:
Yes, they should. Because My mother said that Jay-Z is controlling Beyoncé and both of them are doing child sacrifices........... don't blame me, it is true........
reply about 7 hours

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...