School Lunch Superfoods
Only one thing at school beats the 3 o’clock bell … lunch time!!! And there is definitely one thing that makes lunch exciting … the moment when you open up your lunch box to find a bunch of goodies to eat - hopefully food that tastes good and is good for you!
Courtesy of Culinarytourism.org
Salmon Sushi Courtesy of Buildthisbody.com
Matcha Green Tea Bars Courtesy of Elevate Me
Chocolate Chunks Courtesy of Free-extras.com
Bean Burrito Courtesy of Realmomkitchen.com
Berry Yogurt Courtesy of Ladyonaroof.blogspot.com
Food for Fun
Do you know that what you eat can totally make your whole school day even better. It’s true… food can make your brain think faster, your body feel better, your mood happier, and your day at school much more fun!
Top 5 Foods
It’s important to eat what you like… so go ahead and pack a sandwich even if it’s not that healthy. However if you want to get some brain food on the side, here are the top 5 foods that can give your brain a boost to put you at the top of the class:
- Salmon – If you have tried sushi and you like it, you should pack some salmon rolls every once and a while because salmon is the #1 food for giving your brain thinking power.
- Chocolate – We’re not kidding. A piece of dark chocolate that is rich in cacao beans and minimally processed is a sweet treat that can put your mind in bliss, ready to soak up all your school subjects. *Beware of popular chocolate bars. Most of them are all sugar and very little cacao*
- Matcha – Matcha is something you can find in Japanese green tea, but more products are being made you can try this superfood that opens the mind and relaxes the body. Ask your mom or dad if they can find some match granola bars.
- Acai or Blueberries –The best way to get a dose of these powerful purple berries is by packing a small container of berry yogurt.
- Beans – One great substitute for a sandwich is a burrito or wrap. Instead of meat which can slow you down because meat is hard to digest, you can have a bean burrito. Great with a nice fresh salsa!
Have Your Say
What are your favorite lunchtime foods? Let us know by leaving a comment below!