Comments

Dear Dish-It: Dyslexia

bb123 asks: “I have dyslexia but no one knows. What will I do if the teacher calls on me to answer a question in class, and I don’t know the answer?” Back to Article

-Katiee-
-Katiee- wrote:
2011-09-07 17:37:47 -0700

Epiphany; she's still the cutest thing ever. nothing's wrong with her. her dyslexia is not even bad, as some other kids are. i have a picture of her on here. she's just a regular eight year old. it's like, nothing's really wrong with her. she's popular and everything, you know what i mean?(:

E.F.C-IS-AMAZING
E.F.C-IS-AMAZING wrote:
2011-09-07 17:34:33 -0700

so what if you don't know the awnser ask for help!(:

CheeseTacoxD
CheeseTacoxD wrote:
2011-09-07 17:34:23 -0700

Katie; Awh, that must suck but I know how she feels.

-Katiee-
-Katiee- wrote:
2011-09-07 17:32:21 -0700

Epiphany; Yeah, she's 8.

CheeseTacoxD
CheeseTacoxD wrote:
2011-09-07 17:30:50 -0700

Really Katie??

-Katiee-
-Katiee- wrote:
2011-09-07 17:26:19 -0700

My little sister has dyselxia.

GirLovesPiggy
junior mod
GirLovesPiggy wrote:
2011-09-07 16:52:38 -0700

I have this one! xD

hsm14
hsm14 wrote:
2011-09-07 16:50:16 -0700

well usally ardy know becous the school knows it requid that they know

Which Of These Movie Stars Had Dyslexia?

• Hilary Duff.
  • Orlando Bloom.
  • Tobey Maguire.
  • Elijah Wood.

About 20% of students suffer from dyslexia, a learning disability that makes them reverse letters...
Being a sculptor might not let you live like a king but if you're Bruce Gray, you can see your wo...
Micro_joe average_micro
Joe Average is an artist and AIDS activist from Vancouver whose colorful paintings can light up a...

ILMDGRL
ILMDGRL posted in Friends:
I think the title is fairly self explanatory. I don't know how to explain self harm scars and cuts to my friends (don't even get me started on my father) without having them completely freak out on me or think I'm a total basket case. I can't hide most the scars and cuts given their placement. I'd also like to know how to explain it to a friend's parent bc I know that will be a problem too. - (Note: I'm not insane. Just have been a tough time lately and I snapped under too much pressure. I'm not a danger to myself anymore. End of story.) - I don't like to go into detail when discussing my self harm and why I did it, but I know my friends are very inquisitive like their parents. I just want to know how to ride out the conversation and would appreciate any help in the matter. Thanks!
reply about 1 hour
smurfetblue
smurfetblue posted in Friends:
i sorry to hear abou that, i get bullied also and i know how that feels when no one talk to you or helps you...hope things get better for you
jordand08
jordand08 posted in Friends:
"AlphaT" wrote:I have thought a lot on suicide...and people in my family have attempted to do so....And I can say with all certainty, it is stupid. But you're not in your right mind when you make that decision, or even think about it seriously.Bullying can lead to suicide, but I urge everyone thinking about it to also think of the good in their life. Exactly, because, I promise, life gets better. Even when it seems like it's not, it does, in the darkest part of your life, you'll find the hope that you lost.
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Friends:
I have thought a lot on suicide...and people in my family have attempted to do so.... And I can say with all certainty, it is stupid. But you're not in your right mind when you make that decision, or even think about it seriously. Bullying can lead to suicide, but I urge everyone thinking about it to also think of the good in their life.
jordand08
jordand08 posted in Friends:
"hugebear" wrote:This is awesome advise Jordan :)I hates it when I see anyone getting bullied and will always stand beside them against bullies.Suicide is not the answer to problems even if the person feels like its the only way to stop it.I agrees with you.. TALK TO SOMEONE... it really helps to understand and get the emotions out and get help.[Jordan I hopes you doesnt mind but I moved to the Dear Dish It and done the sticky toffee :angel] It's okay Huge, I didn't know which one to put it on, because I knew you'd move it if I got it wrong, but thank you. (: