-
x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

Amazing Kid Artists

Once every 500 years or so, a really special artist is born. Someone like Leonardo De Vinci or Michelangelo comes along and totally changes the way artists draw, paint and sculpt masterpieces. In this new millenium there are a couple of young kids that have been turning heads in the art world, keeping all of us guessing about who will create the next Mona Lisa!

Aelita Andre

Courtesy of AelitaAndre.comCourtesy of AelitaAndre.com

Aelita Andre is a professional painter and she is only four years old. Her paintings sell for thousands of dollars! Her most expenisive painting sold for $24,000. A lot of people don’t understand why her paintings are worth so much money because all of her paintings are abstract and to the untrained eye, they look like anybody could paint them. However, if you watch her in action, you might understand how unique of an individual she is and why everyone wants to buy her art.

Kieron Williamson

Courtesy of Kironwilliamson.comCourtesy of Kironwilliamson.com

Kieron Williamson is nine years old and he is making a big splash in watercolor paints. He was never interested in artwork until he was 5 years old and he saw some boats on a family vacation. He asked his mom for a drawing pad and a way he went. At first his drawings were only average and what any 5 year old child would be capable of drawing...

Courtesy of Kironwilliamson.comCourtesy of Kironwilliamson.com

But as time went on, Kieron became a World Class Artist with the ability to paint as good as anyone. He held his 2nd art exhibition where he displayed 16 of his recent paintings and he was sold out in only 14 minutes making over $30,000. Here are a few of Kieron’s secrets:

  • Looking at other people’s drawing and paintings
  • Learning how to mix colors together to make other colors
  • Using only the best quality of paints (professional paints, not the poster paints you might find in kindergarten)
  • Learning how to work with all types of paints (watercolour, acrylic, oils)
  • Studying and practicing with good teachers

Wanna Go Pro?

If you want to become a professional painter like these kids, it’s never too late. Aelita and Kieron are great examples of children who take the first steps themselves to do spectacular things with artwork. Sometimes it just takes a little bit of courage to try and see what happens!

Have Your Say

What do you think it takes to be a good artist? Let us know by leaving a comment below!

Related Stories
142 Comments

Related Stories

Micro banner micro
Some pretty savvy students in Canada recently won a creative contest called the Coast-to-Coast Cl...
Micro paint article
There are three main types of paints: Watercolor, Acrylics, and Oils. These paints all have diffe...
Tons of art is described as "priceless" but KW's found some paintings with giant price tags. Chec...
F1034899301609

Do You Find These Paintings Offensive?

  • No, there's nothing wrong with them.
  • I'm offended by the Holy Virgin Mary painting.
  • I think that Jesus Rising #4 is offensive.
  • I don't like either of them.

General In The Forums

jordand08
jordand08 posted in Say Anything:
Please stay on topic, if you have any more concerns you can comment either myself or kirsten. 
reply about 2 hours
jordand08
jordand08 posted in Say Anything:
"AlphaT" wrote: "jordand08" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote:Oh wow, a genuine trigger warning. Did the memes teach you nothing? First off, an actual warning. Take no action based on what you've read here without first consulting a mental health professional. Now, I have a lot of experience in mental illness. I have ADHD(Pre-DSMV), an anxiety disorder, and I've tested significant for bipolar (Pre-DSMV). My best advise is to find a therapist that you personally connect with. It's not about being comfortable, because a good therapist will challenge your thoughts, but you need to be able to accept those challenges. And to do that, you'll need a therapist that you mesh with. Aside from that, good medication can go a long way to helping you live with your mental issues. However, this isn't true for everyone, and it should be handled by a medical professional.  I'm sorry I found your comment rude. This post is not just about mental illnesses, and mental health is a universal thing that requires you to take care of yourself because you can't always see professionals because their isn't always easy access to them. Which is all clearly stated in the post. If you say something again on this post that's rude it will be reported I'm not sure what you mean by "rude". I mean, you found what I said to be rude, but you gave no reason why. If I don't know how to accommodate for your standards of rudeness, I feel like I'm doomed to repeat my trespass.  So, how exactly was I being rude? Your very first sentence. Yes its suppose  to be saracastic, but not everything has to be answered with as a joke, because some people take offense to it.
reply about 2 hours
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Say Anything:
"jordand08" wrote:"AlphaT" wrote:Oh wow, a genuine trigger warning. Did the memes teach you nothing? First off, an actual warning. Take no action based on what you've read here without first consulting a mental health professional. Now, I have a lot of experience in mental illness. I have ADHD(Pre-DSMV), an anxiety disorder, and I've tested significant for bipolar (Pre-DSMV). My best advise is to find a therapist that you personally connect with. It's not about being comfortable, because a good therapist will challenge your thoughts, but you need to be able to accept those challenges. And to do that, you'll need a therapist that you mesh with. Aside from that, good medication can go a long way to helping you live with your mental issues. However, this isn't true for everyone, and it should be handled by a medical professional.  I'm sorry I found your comment rude. This post is not just about mental illnesses, and mental health is a universal thing that requires you to take care of yourself because you can't always see professionals because their isn't always easy access to them. Which is all clearly stated in the post. If you say something again on this post that's rude it will be reported I'm not sure what you mean by "rude". I mean, you found what I said to be rude, but you gave no reason why. If I don't know how to accommodate for your standards of rudeness, I feel like I'm doomed to repeat my trespass.  So, how exactly was I being rude? 
reply about 2 hours
Kirsteeeeen
thanks for posting this Kristen. I think that it is a tough subject to talk about with other people and honestly I think it's good to talk about it in a moderate amount. Now that more pepole are being diagnosed with learning differences or some sort of other mental health disorder, I think that talking about it and informing people will only make it easier for people to feel less awkward or the odd man out. That's how I found about that I am not the only person in the room who has ADD. I'm more willing to come out and talk to people and discribe what I have to go through on a daily basis to raise awareness. School will always be hard for me so I look at my strengths to help push me forward in life.  Thank you for sharing! First of all I'd like to say I admire your bravery and I hope that things continue to improve. :) I agree, talking about it in a moderate amount is useful, as is reminding ourselves that mental health starts anybody, and that coping strategies and learning to love yourself are important no matter what, inside AND outside of a situation that would require therapy. It's also definitely helpful to know you're not the only one. And that there are so many successful people who have battled the same battles and still came out on top. Again, thank you. :)
reply about 3 hours
jordand08
jordand08 posted in Say Anything:
Oh wow, a genuine trigger warning. Did the memes teach you nothing?  First off, an actual warning. Take no action based on what you've read here without first consulting a mental health professional.  Now, I have a lot of experience in mental illness. I have ADHD(Pre-DSMV), an anxiety disorder, and I've tested significant for bipolar (Pre-DSMV).  My best advise is to find a therapist that you personally connect with. It's not about being comfortable, because a good therapist will challenge your thoughts, but you need to be able to accept those challenges. And to do that, you'll need a therapist that you mesh with.  Aside from that, good medication can go a long way to helping you live with your mental issues. However, this isn't true for everyone, and it should be handled by a medical professional.  I'm sorry I found your comment rude. This post is not just about mental illnesses, and mental health is a universal thing that requires you to take care of yourself because you can't always see professionals because their isn't always easy access to them. Which is all clearly stated in the post. If you say something again on this post that's rude it will be reported
reply about 3 hours