Luke Schroder Q&A
17-year-old model and actor Luke Schroder took on the difficult task of portraying a character with Asperger’s Syndrome in his new movie, A Mile in His Shoes, starring Dean Cain and debuting on GMC at the end of September. Find out more about Luke in this exclusive Kidzworld Q&A!
KW: When did you first know you wanted to be an actor?
- Luke: I first knew I wanted to actor when I was about 12, after acting in a school play.
KW: Your dad is also an actor, do you think that influenced you?
- Luke: Of course my dad being an actor influenced me, but it was my decision in the end to study acting and audition for jobs.
KW: What was it like getting the part in A Mile in His Shoes?
- Luke: It was really exciting and I really couldn’t believe it until the first day on set and I was actually working in front of the camera. It was so cool and so much fun, an amazing learning experience.
KW: In “A Mile” you play a character with Asperger’s Syndrome, was that difficult? How did you prepare for the role?
- Luke: Yeah, it was very difficult preparing for the role of a teenager with Asperger's. I wanted to be respectful, but at the same time not reserved with the way I played my character. I worked with an acting coach and researched Asperger’s. I was really happy with how the character Mickey turned out.
KW: What was the most fun thing that has happened on set for you?
- Luke: I got to work with a miniature pot belly pig named ‘Artimus’ for a whole day and that was really fun, I love animals.
KW: Who are some actors that inspire you?
- Luke: I like young actors like Max Thieriot, Cam Gigandet, and Shia LaBeouf, I feel like I can learn a lot from watching their work
KW: You have also modeled overseas, what was that like?
- Luke: That was a crazy experience walking the runway in front of 6,000 people in Paris. It was kind of surreal.
KW: We hear you’re also really active, what are some of your favorite sports?
- Luke: Surfing is my number one passion; I just got back from a week long surf trip to Nicaragua. I also love fishing and archery.
KW: Who would you ideally like to work with in the future?
- Luke: Ideally i'd like to work with Selena Gomez and swoop her from Justin Bieber hahah. I'd honestly like to work with any talented young actors my age.
KW: Do you have any projects coming up?
- Luke: There are future projects but you’re going to have to wait and see!
- Movie: Inception
- Food: D'amores Pizza
- Book: Hatchet
- Song: Californication