Alix Lapri Q&A
Fourteen-year-old Georgia-native and beauty queen Alix Lapri is making waves with her original and inventive covers of pop hits. And as if that wasn’t enough, she also acts and models. Find out more in her Kidzworld Q&A!
KW: What first made you interested in singing?
- Alix: Actually the idea of singing kind of just formed by itself over time, as a child it was the best thing in the world to me to do. It was kind of a way to help me escape from my problems and just relax.
KW: How did you get started?
- Alix: I started very young, so I kind of developed singing by remixing the ABC's and things like that. So I just gradually started doing it more and more every day!
KW: Your song “Forget Keisha” is a play on Jawan Harris’ song—are you a fan of his?
- Alix: I am a HUGE fan of Jawan. His voice is breathtaking!
KW: Who are some of your other favorite artists?
- Alix: Frank Ocean, Ryan Leslie, Beyonce. I like the pop and R&B sound.
KW: We hear you’re excellent student, do you enjoy school? Do you plan to go to college?
- Alix: I do enjoy school, I love learning new things. And yes I definitely plan to go to college!
KW: We hear you are also an actress and a model, which do you like doing the most?
- Alix: Well if you include singing then I like that best, but between acting and modeling I'd say acting because I LOVE being able to put myself in other people's shoes.
KW: What are some of your hobbies outside of performing?
- Alix: I really enjoy hanging out with my best friends whenever I get the chance to.
KW: You won the Spring 2009 Miss Atlanta Girl title-what did that feel like?
- Alix: It felt amazing! I felt like my hard work had really paid off and that's one of the best feelings in the world!
KW: Who would you ideally like to work with either musically or in acting in the future?
- Alix: Musically I'd say Justin Bieber, Mindless Behavior, Beyonce. Acting wise definitely would be Zendaya Coleman!
KW: How does your family feel about your career on-stage?
- Alix: They support me 100%, and I couldn't ask for more. I love knowing that I'm never in this alone!
Your Fave ...
Movie: Love and Basketball
TV Show: Shake It Up
Band: Mindless Behavior
School Subject: Language Arts
Check out Alix's web hit Forget Keisha below: