Danielle Aument Q&A
Coming all the way from Downer's Grove, Illinois, budding teen pop singer Danielle Aument just released her first EP Songs For You in early November. We caught up with this new singer songwriter to find out what it’s been like breaking on to the music scene. Read more in her Kidzworld Q&A!
Teen singing sensation Danielle Aument released her debut EP Songs For You last month
Danielle started singing in musical theater at age 7
"What You Mean to Me" is about an ex boyfriend becoming a great friend!
KW: How old are you and where are you from?
- Danielle: I am 18 years old, a senior in school and I'm from Downers Grove, Illinois.
KW: What made you first want to sing?
- Danielle: When I was five years old my mom took me to see Sound of Music and I tapped her quietly during the play and said "Mommy, I want to do that!"
KW: How did you get started?
- Danielle: I joined a local musical theatre company and started doing shows at the age of seven...I also was involved with the Glen Ellyn Children's choir locally and was asked to do a lot of solos! I was more shy as a child, but musical theatre helped me feel comfortable on a stage. At the age of nine, I auditioned for Chicago's American Girl Place Theatre and was cast in the show! I performed professionally there for four yrs. Later, I did several local and professional music theatre productions.
KW: How would you describe your sound?
- Danielle: My sound is pop with some rock elements with it.
KW: You have a new EP out with two singles, can you tell us what they’re about?
- Danielle: "What You Mean To Me" is about an ex boyfriend who is now a great friend! "Starlights" is about letting go and not being stressed about school, friends, decisions that have to be made...like where to go to college!
KW: Do you write your own songs?
- Danielle: Yes, I write my own songs. Sometimes I co-write with another person. I wrote my first song in seventh grade and a friend of our family, who was in high school, produced it for me at his home with his first production equipment. He has since graduated from college with a music production degree!! That song still makes my mom cry when she hears the recording of it!!
KW: Who are some singers that inspire you?
- Danielle: Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Christina Aguilera, Taylor Swift, Rebecca Saint James (a Christian rock singer)
KW: What do you like most about performing?
- Danielle: I love when my music moves or inspires people. I also love the adrenaline rush when I'm on the stage! I also love to sing!!!!
KW: How do your family and friends feel about your career?
- Danielle: They are all very supportive and want me to succeed. My friends always say "remember me when you're famous!"
KW: What is something most people don’t know about you?
- Danielle: I love the smell of new books...I love to do my homework, especially AP biology....I guess I am kind of a "closet geek"!
Band: I like a lot of different bands but my #1 would be The Script
Movie: Princess Diaries....Many people tell me I remind them of Anne Hathaway
Color: Purple...any shade of it!
Check out Danielle's single "Stronger Now" below!