Comments

All About Mayan Culture

The ancient Mayans are renowned among historians and archaeologists as being an incredibly advanced culture that excelled at mathematics, astronomy and arts, and with their star-based calendar predicting the end of the world this year, many people are giving this ancient culture a second look. Find out more about Mayan culture! Back to Article

ahrathy
ahrathy wrote:
2012-10-08 08:23:44 -0700

This is all fascinating because these Mayans didn't have computers, so they've got to use just a paper and pencil, clever.

SamWolfchick
SamWolfchick wrote:
2012-10-06 19:21:34 -0700

I's amazing how advanced they were in mathematics!

P a p r i k a ♦
P a p r i k a ♦ wrote:
2012-08-08 14:09:28 -0700

It's funny because my ancestors were Mayan.

cuz im cool like dat
cuz im cool like dat wrote:
2012-05-15 16:45:42 -0700

my class is doing ancient civilizations and we have to research the mayans we also have to make a lifesize ancient ayan this will hlp

JBiebs_Joker
JBiebs_Joker wrote:
2012-01-12 15:03:30 -0800

It's pretty interesting, I'll tell you that. Well for sure. Big Grin smile

catolan
catolan wrote:
2012-01-10 23:20:28 -0800

I want to keen about other places history not just the UK Mad

kemunto
kemunto wrote:
2012-01-06 15:13:28 -0800

can Yu send me good pictures?

kemunto
kemunto wrote:
2012-01-06 15:12:10 -0800

what years are yu?

kemunto
kemunto wrote:
2012-01-06 15:11:26 -0800

o no.

Euniqueamazing4527
Euniqueamazing4527 wrote:
2012-01-05 19:18:56 -0800

I learned about the mayan culture in 5th grade.!

AyooItsTatii
AyooItsTatii wrote:
2012-01-05 19:02:54 -0800

@Audiotape if it was, I feel like i'm the last person to know about it :o

Audiotape
Audiotape wrote:
2012-01-05 10:23:25 -0800

Wasn't it proven that the Mayan calendar end was just the start of a new calendar? And not the end of the world?

kathline
kathline wrote:
2012-01-04 17:07:30 -0800

Omg y is the lady hand like that in pic 2 it's creepy

my_name_is_taylor(:_1946805
my_name_is_taylor(:_1946805 wrote:
2012-01-04 17:02:36 -0800

Mayan culture is kinda creepy when it comes to the ritual type things Frustrated

How Important is Your Culture?

• Culture doesn't matter to me.
  • My culture means everything to me.
  • Sometimes it matters to me - like at holidays.
  • I don't know.

Micro_mexican independence day_micro
Mexican Independence Day is about more than food and fireworks. Find out the history behind this ...
Want action? Head to the famous cliffs in La Quebrada, Mexico and watch divers jump from suicidal...
Micro_cincodemayo-micro
Cinco de Mayo is a big holiday in Mexico. The Mexican army was outnumbered by the French army but...

Random in the forums

jordand08
jordand08 posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote: "jordand08" wrote: Yes. but think about it 23-26, that's not a big difference when you get outta school. Nobody will look at you weird, maybe for when you're in school. but out of school age is just a number. Well, yeah. By that time you are both mature and consenting adults.   Yes and?
reply 1 minute
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Debating:
"jordand08" wrote:Yes. but think about it 23-26, that's not a big difference when you get outta school.Nobody will look at you weird, maybe for when you're in school. but out of school age is just a number. Well, yeah. By that time you are both mature and consenting adults.
jordand08
jordand08 posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote: "jordand08" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "jordand08" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "Kirsteeeeen" wrote: I go by the half your age plus seven, age minus seven doubled rule. So for example, if you're fifteen your range would be minimum 14 1/2, and your maximum would be 16. What is your method for <14 year olds, as well as 14 year olds themselves, as well as >16 year olds? My "method" is simple. Beginning at a suitable age, say 11, simply add two until you reach 15. Then, the age method is contingent upon the exact nature of the relationship, as well as the particular state's AOC. (Note, some states have very relaxed AOC's, so this method may not be suitable for all cases....this is based upon an AOC of 18) I don't do math, lololol. If I like you, I like you, normally though, I'd say 3 years older, while you're in school, then when you get out into "the real world" it can go up to as far as you want to. The thing is though, in some states, anything past holding hands can potentially be illegal if, using your method, one is 16 and the other is 19. That's only three years. However you are right, but I wouldn't use my method until I'm outta school. And besides, normally like them my age or a year or two older. 3 years can make a huge difference. Fifteen and Eighteen, Fourteen and Seventeen, Twelve and Fifteen etc. Yes. but think about it 23-26, that's not a big difference when you get outta school. Nobody will look at you weird, maybe for when you're in school. but out of school age is just a number.
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Debating:
"CabePowdumfry" wrote:Only if its a threat ...Not having control over oneself is a threat.
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Debating:
"shae508" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "shae508" wrote: And Bi-polar disorder. Being Bi-polar does NOT mean. Happy.Sad. Happy.  No.  It means you have moods that change rapidly and are very strong. Like having a Manic episode, depression. Stuff like that. Is that not Happy.Sad.Happy.? Happiness can be a form of Mania, which does actually mean happy.sad.happy. Yes, but there is also a...kinda like an angry manic mood. Where you're more easily annoyed and sometimes more likely to be violent. I know anger can be associated with Mania, but isn't that also angry.sad.angry.? Also, not all Mania Is shown by anger, maybe in your personal life there has been this, but it is not always the case.