Kw-halloween-logo-small

Comments

All About Mayan Culture

The ancient Mayans are renowned among historians and archaeologists as being an incredibly advanced culture that excelled at mathematics, astronomy and arts, and with their star-based calendar predicting the end of the world this year, many people are giving this ancient culture a second look. Find out more about Mayan culture! Back to Article

ahrathy
ahrathy wrote:
2012-10-08 08:23:44 -0700

This is all fascinating because these Mayans didn't have computers, so they've got to use just a paper and pencil, clever.

SamWolfchick
SamWolfchick wrote:
2012-10-06 19:21:34 -0700

I's amazing how advanced they were in mathematics!

P a p r i k a ♦
P a p r i k a ♦ wrote:
2012-08-08 14:09:28 -0700

It's funny because my ancestors were Mayan.

cuz im cool like dat
cuz im cool like dat wrote:
2012-05-15 16:45:42 -0700

my class is doing ancient civilizations and we have to research the mayans we also have to make a lifesize ancient ayan this will hlp

JBiebs_Joker
JBiebs_Joker wrote:
2012-01-12 15:03:30 -0800

It's pretty interesting, I'll tell you that. Well for sure. Big Grin smile

catolan
catolan wrote:
2012-01-10 23:20:28 -0800

I want to keen about other places history not just the UK Mad

kemunto
kemunto wrote:
2012-01-06 15:13:28 -0800

can Yu send me good pictures?

kemunto
kemunto wrote:
2012-01-06 15:12:10 -0800

what years are yu?

kemunto
kemunto wrote:
2012-01-06 15:11:26 -0800

o no.

Euniqueamazing4527
Euniqueamazing4527 wrote:
2012-01-05 19:18:56 -0800

I learned about the mayan culture in 5th grade.!

AyooItsTatii
AyooItsTatii wrote:
2012-01-05 19:02:54 -0800

@Audiotape if it was, I feel like i'm the last person to know about it :o

Audiotape
Audiotape wrote:
2012-01-05 10:23:25 -0800

Wasn't it proven that the Mayan calendar end was just the start of a new calendar? And not the end of the world?

kathline
kathline wrote:
2012-01-04 17:07:30 -0800

Omg y is the lady hand like that in pic 2 it's creepy

my_name_is_taylor(:_1946805
my_name_is_taylor(:_1946805 wrote:
2012-01-04 17:02:36 -0800

Mayan culture is kinda creepy when it comes to the ritual type things Frustrated

How Important is Your Culture?

• Culture doesn't matter to me.
  • My culture means everything to me.
  • Sometimes it matters to me - like at holidays.
  • I don't know.

Micro_mexican independence day_micro
Mexican Independence Day is about more than food and fireworks. Find out the history behind this ...
Want action? Head to the famous cliffs in La Quebrada, Mexico and watch divers jump from suicidal...
Micro_cincodemayo-micro
Cinco de Mayo is a big holiday in Mexico. The Mexican army was outnumbered by the French army but...

Random in the forums

Keeko21
Keeko21 posted in Debating:
I personally think that God is not real because think about it, in the bible it talks about miricales. When was the last miricales eh? And if he was real I would hate him for telling people to burn gays!
Keeko21
Keeko21 posted in Debating:
Say Your Opinion About God!
talishi
talishi posted in Electronics:
Windows 7
talishi
talishi posted in Food:
I ate a tripple decker meaty pizza and drank my milk
Lunarlynx
I'm kind of the same. Some of my friends are reading books like The Mortal Instruments, Divergent, Looking for Alaska...and those books just bore me with all that teen romance. Only a few books I read now are considered "teen reads" with absolute no explicit romance. The rest are probably getting a bit old for my age. Remember there are always new books coming out with new authors and someone is bound to write a story that suits you.
reply about 1 hour