Comments

All About Mayan Culture

The ancient Mayans are renowned among historians and archaeologists as being an incredibly advanced culture that excelled at mathematics, astronomy and arts, and with their star-based calendar predicting the end of the world this year, many people are giving this ancient culture a second look. Find out more about Mayan culture! Back to Article

ahrathy
ahrathy wrote:
2012-10-08 08:23:44 -0700

This is all fascinating because these Mayans didn't have computers, so they've got to use just a paper and pencil, clever.

SamWolfchick
SamWolfchick wrote:
2012-10-06 19:21:34 -0700

I's amazing how advanced they were in mathematics!

P a p r i k a ♦
P a p r i k a ♦ wrote:
2012-08-08 14:09:28 -0700

It's funny because my ancestors were Mayan.

cuz im cool like dat
cuz im cool like dat wrote:
2012-05-15 16:45:42 -0700

my class is doing ancient civilizations and we have to research the mayans we also have to make a lifesize ancient ayan this will hlp

JBiebs_Joker
JBiebs_Joker wrote:
2012-01-12 15:03:30 -0800

It's pretty interesting, I'll tell you that. Well for sure. Big Grin smile

catolan
catolan wrote:
2012-01-10 23:20:28 -0800

I want to keen about other places history not just the UK Mad

kemunto
kemunto wrote:
2012-01-06 15:13:28 -0800

can Yu send me good pictures?

kemunto
kemunto wrote:
2012-01-06 15:12:10 -0800

what years are yu?

kemunto
kemunto wrote:
2012-01-06 15:11:26 -0800

o no.

Euniqueamazing4527
Euniqueamazing4527 wrote:
2012-01-05 19:18:56 -0800

I learned about the mayan culture in 5th grade.!

AyooItsTatii
AyooItsTatii wrote:
2012-01-05 19:02:54 -0800

@Audiotape if it was, I feel like i'm the last person to know about it :o

Audiotape
Audiotape wrote:
2012-01-05 10:23:25 -0800

Wasn't it proven that the Mayan calendar end was just the start of a new calendar? And not the end of the world?

kathline
kathline wrote:
2012-01-04 17:07:30 -0800

Omg y is the lady hand like that in pic 2 it's creepy

my_name_is_taylor(:
my_name_is_taylor(: wrote:
2012-01-04 17:02:36 -0800

Mayan culture is kinda creepy when it comes to the ritual type things Frustrated

How Important is Your Culture?

• Culture doesn't matter to me.
  • My culture means everything to me.
  • Sometimes it matters to me - like at holidays.
  • I don't know.

Micro_mexican independence day_micro
Mexican Independence Day is about more than food and fireworks. Find out the history behind this ...
Want action? Head to the famous cliffs in La Quebrada, Mexico and watch divers jump from suicidal...
Micro_cincodemayo-micro
Cinco de Mayo is a big holiday in Mexico. The Mexican army was outnumbered by the French army but...

Random in the forums

HopelessWanderer
More than anything. She's amazing and so gorgeous. I liked her before the movie, though. I liked her when she played in The Secret Life of The American Teenager. Plus she's going to be in the movie 'The Fault In Our Stars'.
5sosxo
5sosxo posted in General:
Our Mental Synchronisation, Can Have But One Explanation! Me And You Are Just Meant To Be!~Frozen
Nimsajeay
Nimsajeay posted in General:
"Jordan" wrote:Not even going to bother giving this the answer or attention you are looking for.And I am very happy with the decision we made and appreciate all the actual positive helpful users.But I will touch on your filter complaint.Sorry that you hate the filter so much. But you have the United States Government to thank for that and the law it created.Because that is why our users are suffering. Because of the law that is in place. We wish it didn't have to be that way, trust me. It is awful see words blocked that shouldn't.But we follow the law and always will. Thanks for not locking this thread. It's appreciated.  Nice underline on the word "actual".  I've tried being positive and friendly and have given suggestions this way.  Doesn't work.  I just get ignored and deleted.  Being negative seems to work better so that's what I've been doing.  Oh, and calling me an attention seeker is a smart way to get out of answering my complaints about the P&R section.
Zelittledoctor
Zelittledoctor posted in General:
5sosxo suffered 60 emotional damage!
_OreoGurl_
_OreoGurl_ posted in Debating:
Hey just im bored........ p me if ur bored too!