How To Plan A Date
Asking someone out can seem like a piece of cake until you realize that you then have to plan a date to knock their socks off. Need some pointers figuring what to do and how to impress them without getting cold feet and acting like a goof? Make it to that second date by planning a date they won’t forget with these How to Plan a Date tips!
Sharing a shake and some fries is a classic date (all the way back to the '50's!)
Whether you go to play sports, splash in the waves or watch the sunset, the beach is a no fail romantic date spot
Bone up on what your crush is interested in, or may find yourself accidentally ruining your chances at that second date!
What to Do?
You got up the nerve to ask out your crush and once you’re head stops spinning, you have to plan a date that can make or break your chances with that special someone. Before you start panicking about what to do, take a step back and think about your crush and what they like. You probably have some things in common already if you like them, so plan your date around an activity you can both enjoy. If you’re nervous about making conversation, then pick an activity like a sport or hobby. If you’re feeling a little braver, base your night on something your crush is totally into that you can talk about, for example if they’re into art, go to a museum, or if they’re into horror flicks go to the theater or invite them over to watch at your house. If you’re stuck something neutral that everyone loves, like dinner or paintball!
- Go to the Movies: Find out their fave type of movie and suggest it
- Make Dinner: People love when you’re confident enough in the kitchen to try and impress!
- Play Tennis or Badminton: A fun sport for two.
- Go Swimming: Almost everyone loves swimming, so head down to your local pool and take a dip together.
- Have a Picnic on the Beach: Romantic and beautiful, this is sure to wow them.
- Go to a Museum: If it’s raining out, a museum can be a great way to pass the time and get to know each other’s thoughts.
- Lasertag: Lasertag can be a fun and excitement-filled way to pass the day.
- Paintball: Just like lasertag, it’s not for the faint of heart, but definitely for a date that likes fun.
- Make Crafts Together: Show them your creative side by painting, drawing or even learning to do origami together!
- Go to a Concert: Music can be a surefire way to a person’s heart, so share a musical experience with them.
- Go to an Amusement Park: There’s lots of ways to win someone’s affection at an amusement park, and sometimes scary rides can bring you closer...to kissing!
- Go to a Party Together: If a mutual friend has a party coming up, it could be the perfect opportunity for a casual date where you get the company of friends as well.
- Ice Skating: Take your sweetie to the skating rink and skate some hearts around them!
- Fly Kites: Flying kites is a whimsical way to show your date a good time (without getting too sporty!)
- Go for Ice Cream: Ice cream is a classic go-to for dates.
- Go to an Arcade: Arcades can be a great way to challenge each other without getting sweaty or too competitive.
Get to know as much about your crush as possible before the day so that there aren’t too many awkward silences, and your crush will know you’re really interested in them if you go to the trouble of learning as much as you can about them.
Figure out beforehand how you’ll get there and home, whether it’s the bus or asking mom for a ride it’ll help things go smoothly if you figure out your transportation first.
It can be a real damper on your date if the activity you planned doesn’t pan out, so plan ahead! If you’re going to something with tickets, like a movie, buy the tickets ahead of time so there’s no worry about it selling out! If you’re planning a date like playing tennis or going to a skating rink, make sure you get the address and when they’re open so you don’t end up standing outside, locked out. And if all else fails, have an easy back up plan, like going to your dropping in on your fave diner and splitting a milkshake. Sometimes the simplest plan is the most romantic!
Bonus Points: In this day and age it’s pretty common for people to “go dutch” and split the cost of the date evenly, but even if they don’t take you up on it you can score some major points with your potential partner by offering to pony up.
Have Your Say
What’s your idea of the perfect date? Let us know in the comments section below!
- Top 10 Valentine's Gifts For Your Girlfriend
- Top 10 Love Songs 2012
- Top 10 Valentine's Gifts For Your Boyfriend
- More Holiday Articles