Comments

Dear Dish-It: I Want to Be Popular

Em asks: “I really want to be popular, but I’m not sure how! Can you help?” Back to Article

EmzyLou
EmzyLou wrote:
2012-06-16 13:46:18 -0700

i think its really dodgy cause guys on here are all OMG your so cute go out with me but geuss what? ive never had a boyfriend in real life and ive only been asked out once! Worried

heyitsmeh
heyitsmeh wrote:
2012-06-16 13:42:05 -0700

on kw, boys r like ur hot will u be my gf but at school nobody likes me they only hit on the armenian girls and im not being rasist i just wanna be popular !

Fallynreece8300
Fallynreece8300 wrote:
2012-06-16 13:37:33 -0700

A popular person is sumone who has alot of friends not just cuz their cool

Zarnotthedragonhunter
Zarnotthedragonhunter wrote:
2012-06-16 13:34:36 -0700

eh..

vegas101girl
vegas101girl wrote:
2012-06-16 13:33:35 -0700

i am popular but i dont try to show it off and take advantage. alot of times people who are popular dont have the best of frineds but sometimes the unpopular kids found friends that will support them and be right beside them until the end. but that wasnt me i had the best of frineds they stuck by my side and sometimes we had ourt ups and downs but one day it was my last day at school becuz i had to move and then i realized even if i wasnt popular i would of still had friends who love and care4me

-CheyenneA-
-CheyenneA- wrote:
2012-06-13 21:28:41 -0700

im popular at school... but most of my friends r just rude sometimes.

MalaciAnn
MalaciAnn wrote:
2012-06-12 23:34:26 -0700

i dont believe in being "popular" or not. its like ur dividing urself from ppl who go though the same things u do. they have homework. They get zits. They aren't perfect. my friend is labeled "popular" and she doesnt like it sometimes cuz 20 ppl text her at once and everybody tries to be her friend even if she doesnt like them. so be yourself, thats all that matters

Keke1033
Keke1033 wrote:
2012-06-05 13:46:34 -0700

I'm very popular at school but sometimes it gets annoying because people expect you to do certain things and its kinda hard to be yourself because people are ALWAYS judging you. But one good thing is everyone wants to be me. But i say just fing a group of friends and then meet their friends and then meet their friends friennds and ther=ir you go.

wwefan
wwefan wrote:
2012-05-24 20:30:41 -0700

find frineds the stick witthe them

SWEETIEPIE24
SWEETIEPIE24 wrote:
2012-05-08 12:01:14 -0700

JUX BE URSELF AND LET DEM LIK U 4 WHO U ARE...DEY MITE NEED U 1 DAY...AND AT MII SCHOOL DERE IZ NO POPULAR STUFF....ITZ JUX BE U AND UR FRIENDS....AND EVERYWHERE U LOOK DERE IZ SUMBODY AND DEY FRIENDZ SO JUX FIND A GOOD FRIEND AND BE URSELF..

Splashy
Splashy wrote:
2012-05-08 06:11:46 -0700

I'm like the most popular kid in my school...and its..bitter- sweet...they look at you like some superstar......yeah...sometimes you get sick of it though !

foreverswagger
foreverswagger wrote:
2012-05-06 08:55:35 -0700

I use to be popular but I gave it up because I always was busy pluse I always got in trouble @ school

aiyanacute101
aiyanacute101 wrote:
2012-05-06 06:57:29 -0700

Who evr is popular at my school fails and still goez to the next grade

PurplePerfect
PurplePerfect wrote:
2012-05-06 05:00:14 -0700

I sooooooooooo agree, being popular looks great and fun but it's not! People at my school won't let me privacy cause i model and they say i'm rich, they even GOSSIP about how epic my life must be -_-......

cherryblossom125
cherryblossom125 wrote:
2012-05-05 18:48:46 -0700

There is noe way 2 learn how 2 b popular u just have 2 b urself if u act lik someone else dat wnt work cuz thn u mite lack at dat but if u just b urself thn u wnt eva lack at dat cuz ur bein urself just b nice dnt gate apricatate

ALLY101LUV YOU!
ALLY101LUV YOU! wrote:
2012-05-04 19:43:33 -0700

now i know how it feel's not being popular and now i know how it feel's being your self i don't want to be popular any more but every think's i am smart nice and a good friend

mookiemoomoo
mookiemoomoo wrote:
2012-05-02 14:44:48 -0700

I am popular at my school because I am nice to everyone! All you have to do is be nice and be friends with everyone! Every year I get new friends because people are always saying how nice I am! You do not have to be preppy to be popular! I am just a regular girl! Be yourself and let it flow from there!

redfricka01
redfricka01 wrote:
2012-05-01 20:03:33 -0700

Jut be yourself! Ask them to be our friends! Ask a lot of people to be your friends and y'all are meeting together somewhere and y'all can have fun and there for you can have a lot of fun and friends!

queque99
queque99 wrote:
2012-04-30 17:40:55 -0700

Well iReally Dont Know How To Bee Popular It Juss Happed Likee 4Real,

Batgirl89
Batgirl89 wrote:
2012-04-29 16:33:29 -0700

Popularty ends after you leave school. having like 10-15 friends is great to have instead of having everyone following you or chatting to you all the time.

Who's the Coolest Kid in Your School?

• The sports star.
  • The head cheerleader.
  • The class president.
  • The class clown.

Micro_a micro
I have become very serious about gymnastics in the past year. I train twenty plus hours a week al...
I have a really huge crush on this boy in my class. But he is so much more popular than me. He ju...
I used to be good friends with this girl, but now she is mean to me because she has better and mo...

AsianBeauty18
AsianBeauty18 posted in Friends:
The best thing to do is to be simple and direct in a nice and tactful way. You can start by saying, "I need to talk to you. I know you really believe we have a friendship, but I don't feel comfortable with you on that level yet. This doesn't mean we will never talk again, we can be nice to each other, just that we aren't friends like you think we are." Try to be as nice as possible!!!!
brunostar
brunostar posted in Friends:
more details please?
pinksaran
pinksaran posted in Friends:
One of the boys in my grade is telling that I'm his friend. But I know I'm not his friend. What should solve the problem?
hugebear
hugebear posted in Family Issues:
Ello Bun and Im sorry for saying this but your brothers been the brat and its normal though. Erm me suggestion is to keep the diary for one week of all the horrible things he done on you and then tell him and your Mum you want the family meeting about it and then show the list and make him explain each thing he done and say it has to stop. He probably wont listen but its worth trying and good luck :love [whispers I has other ideas too like hiding something of his and saying you will only give it back if he gives you back your whatever he has taken but Im not gonna give this advises ;-)]
AsianBeauty18
It is normal behavior for a young teenage boy, but if it gets out of hand, your parents should have a private conversation with him or get a counselor.